Another motorist with no respect for others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5252464, member: 10119"]Yeah - I could imagine that happening. But that was a _really_ stupid choice they made! However slowly they were driving, however 'justified' they may have thought they were in ignoring a road closure, who in their right mind thinks it is OK to drive towards a person standing in front of their car and NOT stop, actually pushing them along with a car? It's slightly surreal. Reminds me of that footage from outside a school.

I'm very appreciative and glad that, in the best part of 40 years of bimbling around various places on a bike or on foot, I've not encountered such completely pillock-ish behaviour myself.[/QUOTE]
It was just my initial reaction to the OP but it was obviously wrong as soon as I saw the footage. We can sometimes be over critical but as you already know, there's no excuse for behaviour like that on our roads.

Ajax Bay

Guru
All road closures should be candidates for Automatic Number Plate Readers on the backs of the "ROAD CLOSED" signs that SMS the photo and plate to somewhere to mail out the fines.
. . . she was lucky not to be shot
So when a cyclist disobeys a 'Road Closed' sign (am I the only one etc etc harumph, Tunbridge Wells), how will the 'powers that be' identify the transgressing cyclist and 'mail out the fines'?
By whom? Do you think there are armed police roaming the Plymouth streets? Put yourself in the mind of the armed policeman/woman. I think (am sure) their rules of engagement would not sanction shooting at the driver of a car until damage to life/limb has already occurred or there was a reasonable expectation that so shooting would prevent serious injury to the public or the armed policeman himself.
None of my comments above are intended to justify or condone the poorly informed driver's judgements and actions which I depreciate, but I'm not sure hyperbole helps.

Gixxerman

Guru
What a load of bullcrap coming from her mouth trying to justify her appalling actions.
The only way she could have made it worse was to mention road tax. Talking of which, the Daily Fail webshite comments section on this very story is full of the usual road tax rubbish (not that this would come as surprise to anyone on here). So the DM anger is not limited to cyclists.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Perhaps the writing workshop she was giving in Okehampton was for DM Journalists ?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
"That's hindsight". Stupid person - foresight was the Road Closed sign. Foresight was the multiple people telling her the road was closed. Foresight was driving into the chap with the cone trying to stop her. These were deliberate actions. The only thing she is sorry about is being filmed and making the national media with her dangerous and selfish behaviour.

The sooner the Feds stick her on, the better.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-44193827 is similar to an act of motorist twattery last year. Directly outside my flat i saw a fireman put bollards down to stop cars while the "Poppy Day" parade passed by. Some git in a boy racer car drove up and saw these bollards blocking his way. He got out of his car and started to kick the bollards, trying to make a gap to get his car through. He eventually did and tried to drive into the folk in the parade! Ok,he wasn't going fast but the scumbag was trying it on,hoping folk would panic and jump out the way. I don't know what happened further down the road but i then saw the car reversing rather sharply while 2 firemen ran at the car encouraging the idiot to go back where he came from.

postman

Legendary Member
First i have seen of this.i love the i have a workshop in Okehampton,Details of the event would have been posted and delivered by Royal Mail via the Council Offices.Stonegate Road here in Meeanwood and Moortown are always used for such events,the next one is a very important Triathalon 10th June,letters have already arrived and yellow road signs are already in place.How she missed all those i have no idea.But last summer i saw some motorists demanding entry to closed off roads around here.It beggars belief when weeks and weeks before we have all been informed.

Top Bottom