Another motorist with no respect for others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I put it in here as a general road safety thing that could equally apply to the Tour de Yorkshire or some such.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-44193827

Aside from the safety aspect, as it was going down folk were fearing it might be a terror attack.

The driver is a plum on so many levels, and I hope she's knocked off, and named and shamed. What is it with some some car drivers?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yeah but... they pay road tax and have every right to be on the road.

Runners on the other hand!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Except, of course, the route was subject to a legal road closure at the time, and during the time of the closure it ceases to be a highway. I reckon they'll knock her off for careless and driving other than on a highway, plus whatever document offences she might have been committing at the time.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Can she be charged with anything? Hopefully careless driving, etc. Otherwise we'll have 'entitled' drivers doing whatever they like.

Personally a bollard is the least I'd have stuck. She was pushing the marshall out of the way using her car. I'd have taken her keys out - did it once before when a driver threatened to run me over. They got them back after they apologised. This lady should have found another route, and in her case I'd have probably put them in a postbox or the river.

Lonestar

Veteran
The driver is a plum on so many levels, and I hope she's knocked off, and named and shamed. What is it with some some car drivers?

In this car obsessed society motorists can't seem to do much wrong and it seems acceptable while cyclists get it in the neck for not using cycle lanes/red light jumping and the road tax bollox.Which leads to aggressive and crap driving and their favourite punishment passes.
This seems to put up a smokescreen for motorists who can do no wrong and pay road tax.

If she is named and shamed I doubt that would make much difference.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Better video with driver's verbal explanation:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/woman-drives-car-path-plymouth-1588130
But there have been signs up for several days warning of road closures and see:
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2017-04-22/road-closures-in-plymouth-for-sundays-half-marathon/
She was driving quite slowly so in terms of the danger to the runners, no more than 'normal for Plymouth'. for fast moving bikes, rather more of an issue, especially in a close packed group.
Rather poor winner's time btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Apparently she couldn't "get out" of the town. She does not clarify why she sump,y did not retrace the route she had taken to get there in the first place. Lazy, selfish individual.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
We had a similar incident some years back, when some Muppet decided to drive down Westgate Street Cardiff just before a rugby match at the (then) Millennium Stadium.

Judging by this latest incident, it appears that rugby fans are less accommodating than athletic spectators, as he had to be rescued by mounted police, before they tipped the car over with him still in it

There was plenty of this attitude on social media around the Tour de Yorkshire. People claiming the rehearsals of running road closures stopped them picking kids up from nursery etc. Last year some people in Stocksbridge were livid and claimed to have to park miles away or miss work, or screaming that the money to remove traffic islands could have been spent elsewhere.
The great entitled don't like it when the world disobeys them.

A friend of mine had his collar bone broken when he was about 12, he was challenging for the lead of the junior road race he was in round B'ham

Someone drove onto the course against the race direction, he went over the bonnet, clipping the roof and onto the road, he maintains the injury prevented him going pro later.

Top Bottom