Another 'must have' gizmo for the dedicated cyclist - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Utterly pointless invention. Just because we can invent something doesn't mean you should.
I'm working on something which checks the resistivity/flex of your arse of a morning (varies of course depending on your last meal/how many pints you had last night/whether you slept well etc etc) - the results, to 5 decimal places, from this device will then be dialled into a special saddle which, after a bit of wheezing from a special pump, will compensate for this.

TimWinters

Regular
I'm not ruling anything out. Whilst I think this device is pointless I remember thinking the same about electronic gear-shifting systems but plenty of people seem to love them.

My mind hasn't changed about the gear systems but what do I know?

lane

Veteran
I'm not ruling anything out. Whilst I think this device is pointless I remember thinking the same about electronic gear-shifting systems but plenty of people seem to love them.

My mind hasn't changed about the gear systems but what do I know?

Are you talking about the pressure gauge or is your post related to the post above yours regarding the arse tester?

Rusty Rocket

I'm working on something which checks the resistivity/flex of your arse of a morning (varies of course depending on your last meal/how many pints you had last night/whether you slept well etc etc) - the results, to 5 decimal places, from this device will then be dialled into a special saddle which, after a bit of wheezing from a special pump, will compensate for this.
I’m in. How much?

WILL911

Without a doubt it'll attract the modern smartphone addicts with yet another ap.. yet many of them cannot manage to inflate a road bike tyre without leaving the brass headed valve insert bent and ready to foul the next attempt to pump said tube.. will

D

Deleted member 1258

Are you related to Heath Robinson? ^_^:laugh:

Sharky

Guru
I tend to laugh at these devices, but then again ...

I sometimes pick a "slow" puncture on my ride, but dont realise until the next morning when it has gone completely flat. If this was a morning of a commute or a club ride, I would be faced with swapping the inner or complete wheel or lifting another bike off the wall and getting it ready, all of which takes time and would make me late and possibly miss the club run.

If the device warned me as I got home, I could repair the puncture at my leaisue overnight.

But still not convinced.

Top Bottom