Another 'must have' gizmo for the dedicated cyclist - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What kind of twit doesn't check their pressures as part of a pre-ride check anyway?

Old pilots, bold pilots...
yep I always do before a ride of any decent length - and check the tyres for debris with my reading glasses on, gently digging any bits out with the blunt screwdriver bit on my swiss army knife - doubtless another app-linked gizmo to relieve me of that trouble is currently seeking crowdfunding.

I tend to laugh at these devices, but then again ...

I sometimes pick a "slow" puncture on my ride, but dont realise until the next morning when it has gone completely flat. If this was a morning of a commute or a club ride, I would be faced with swapping the inner or complete wheel or lifting another bike off the wall and getting it ready, all of which takes time and would make me late and possibly miss the club run.

If the device warned me as I got home, I could repair the puncture at my leaisue overnight.

But still not convinced.
what you need is devices linked to all your bikes that will phone you/wake you up if the tyre pressure goes below a certain level overnight so that you can get up early and not miss your club ride.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Presumably these things are meant for tubeless, inner tube valves being less than simple to swap over.

It's in the nature of tubeless that you lose air on a non-puncture, and if it happens on a straight section of route, it would be handy to know that your pressure has dropped before you try to take a tight bend at speed on a squidgy tyre.

Top Bottom