another nail in the coffin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Not sure Hamilton's word counts for much, not that I'm defending Lance or anything, I reckon there is an extremely slim chance he was clean.

yello

Has LA actually ever stated hes never taken drugs?

Yes. He's been asked the direct question a number of times and usually replies something along the lines of that he's never taken 'performance enhancing' drugs.

Maybe he considers EPO to be a cold remedy, who knows.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Has LA actually ever stated hes never taken drugs?

His replies always seem to be "never failed a test" - which is a different question entirely.

Weasel words I know.

Yes, I noticed this as well.

I'm not a chemist but I work in the chemicals industry and know a little about the analytical methods used. The most common is gas chromatography and my understanding is that if an athlete had a close association with somebody who was good enough he could use molecules whose GC signature was masked by other molecules occurring naturally in the body's chemical makeup. The very clever scientists who isolate and test interesting new molecules are by definition many years ahead of those who try to detect the molecules. This kind of chemistry must be extremely costly but I'd have thought that the investment would be more than repaid by the commercial opportunities afforded by being internationally successful in sport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Ferrari

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
If and I do mean IF he doped

It takes nothing away, he won't 7 tdf's when it was widely acknowledged that EVERYONE was on something , so if Lance was too then he won 7 tdf's on a level playing field = amazing

If he wasn't and he won 7 tdf's at a disadvantage , then WOW !!!!!

THEN there is the huge issue of cancer and a 20% COS

montage

God Almighty
If and I do mean IF he doped

It takes nothing away, he won't 7 tdf's when it was widely acknowledged that EVERYONE was on something , so if Lance was too then he won 7 tdf's on a level playing field = amazing

If he wasn't and he won 7 tdf's at a disadvantage , then WOW !!!!!

7 TdF is still impressive.....doesn't stop him being a cheating arse though does it. He's a bit of a prick as well to be honest, doper or not, the way he has treated people in the past.

Noodley

..and there is the reason cyclists continue to cheat.

...and a perfect example of how people fail to grasp the issue of doping.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
7 TdF is still impressive.....doesn't stop him being a cheating arse though does it. He's a bit of a prick as well to be honest, doper or not, the way he has treated people in the past.

That makes the rest of the peloton cheating arses then ? (from the time, not today, apart from Dirty Berty :tongue:)

montage

God Almighty
That makes the rest of the peloton cheating arses then ? (from the time, not today, apart from Dirty Berty :tongue:)

The ones that doped, yes. The ones who apologised for doping and came back clean get my sympathy. The ones who waste time and money, like Tyler Hamilton and LA, don't.

Also, I'm not 100% convinced dirty berty is all that dirty, but there lies another thread

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
The ones that doped, yes. The ones who apologised for doping and came back clean get my sympathy. The ones who waste time and money, like Tyler Hamilton and LA, don't.

Also, I'm not 100% convinced dirty berty is all that dirty, but there lies another thread

BUT, He never tested positive
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom