another nail in the coffin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
He was out of it, on Chemo while the others were cheating no ?

Not really the point.
It was hardly a level playing field for those who didn't dope. What about all the could be super stars who could have won the tdf cleanly if the dopers above them were removed from office?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Not really the point.
It was hardly a level playing field for those who didn't dope. What about all the could be super stars who could have won the tdf cleanly if the dopers above them were removed from office?

the tone of your post was that Lance "Invented it" and the rest played catch up

montage

God Almighty
the tone of your post was that Lance "Invented it" and the rest played catch up

The tone of my post was meant to be, if people like Lance didn't cheat, others wouldn't feel the need to cheat to try and keep up with him.

You are saying Lance cheated because others were cheating ..... see the problem? Vicious circle.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It takes nothing away, he won't 7 tdf's when it was widely acknowledged that EVERYONE was on something , so if Lance was too then he won 7 tdf's on a level playing field = amazing

Not really. IIRC. rEPO affects different people in different ways - two riders might take the same dose, one gains hugely, one does not.

You're assuming that innate athletic ability is supplemented by a standard amount, which isn't the case, as I understand it.

BJH

Über Member
Most tested athlete in history - possibly.
That means he's clean - not really.

Everyone was on it - no they weren't
LA was still the best because if they were all doped he still won - not if one other rider was clean

He never answers the question when it's put to him. Strange that isn't it. He threatens litigation against the people who accuse him, but never goes to court. A number of riders from his team have now come forward and said he led the charge towards drugs because "all the other teams were doing it". Are they all telling porkies? Some have even said that when they got to other teams, they had cleaned up and were not juiced.

I sadly reached the conclusion quite a bit ago that he is a cheat. Sadly, most of the evidence is circumstantial, but my god theres lots of it.

It's great if he did inspire people, or bring hope to them from his cure. It's great that he managed to recover from a life threatening disease and come back to ride again. But, he's also proof that it's very possible to cheat the doping controls and stay "clean". It probably helps when your so important that you can tell the drug testers to wait because your having a shower - long enough to get clean in more ways than one !

yello

Hinchcapie joins in? From the beeb

George Hincapie, whom Armstrong once described as being "like a brother", would be the latest former team member to testify against him.
That'd be a real damning indictment if GH confirmed what Landis and Hamilton have said. The latter 2 have questionable character and motive, but big George is clean (well, publicly).

CBS News said Hincapie had told officials he and Armstrong had supplied each other with EPO before races and discussed using testosterone.

Note GH denies saying any such thing. Personally, I think it possible that someone at CBS has their wires crossed.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Was it not widely regarded that GH was on quite a lot of stuff during his USPS AND Discovery days ????

Truth be told, Landis and Hamilton's words mean nothing in this, however if GH says Lance doped then its game over.

I will always be a defender of Lance, regardless, most on here know my reasons.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's all smelling a bit rotten !

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The '60 Minutes' program is an institution in the USA.
The word of the presenters (including Mike Wallace, Ed Bradley, Dan Rather, Diane Sawyer) is taken as gospel.
They must be very certain of their facts before they claim that George Hincapie has said these things to the Federal Investigators.

This is not the same as some blog reporting what they may have heard from some bitter ex-pro. It is America's most authoritative, current affairs program reporting that one of America's most revered sporting heros has been stitched up by the person he claimed to be 'like a brother' and his most loyal domestique.

Top Bottom