Another New Bike Thread: Road bike with disc brakes and strong wheels (£1000 CTW scheme)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
That's what I'm getting from looking at the geometry. Definitely needs considering if Slick is going to buy. You and I have opposing views I recall on whether too small or too large is worse, but we both agree that the wrong size is not a good idea!
Thanks a lot for the input, I certainly have no intention of buying the wrong size this time. My requirements are all there, and I do like a bargain. I'm going to call them, maybe try and reserve, but I will let you know what I find on Friday.

The tennis elbow surgery scar on my left arm tells me too large is bad :smile:

Too much info!

I would have gone for this as back up bike if they had a 58cm
82594_1_Supersize.jpg

I would have gone for this as back up bike if they had a 58cm
View attachment 333680

Um yebbut it's carbon and Slick specifically ruled that out!

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Would you believe that the 54cm is too small. Might have got away with it with the seat at its full extension but it looked ridiculous. He tried to sell me the 10, but no where near the same bike. I've really set my sights on this one so he's going to try and source me that one at the same price in a large. Really nice shop though and very helpful.

vickster

Legendary Member
Would you believe that the 54cm is too small. Might have got away with it with the seat at its full extension but it looked ridiculous. He tried to sell me the 10, but no where near the same bike. I've really set my sights on this one so he's going to try and source me that one at the same price in a large. Really nice shop though and very helpful.
Shame. The medium has a 56cm TT no?
Try Winstanleys or google for other retailers

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Shame. The medium has a 56cm TT no?
Try Winstanleys or google for other retailers
I don't think so, I'm sure he said it was 54, either way it was too small. I really liked the cut off this guys jib, he didn't waste any time trying to sell me anything else as I was looking for quality components and liked the look of the Reynolds tubing. He gave me an honest assessment between all the bikes in my price range and at the risk of losing a sale, the bike I highlighted was by far the best. I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't me but @vickster who had actually highlighted the quality bike. :laugh:
I'm going to give him until Friday to source one before going anywhere else.

Hmm, I don't think there's *that much* difference twixt the 10 and 20 - but at any rate, geometrically they are identical, so I assume you had a go on the Large size 10 to make sure that is the right size for you..?

bb

Top Bottom