Another New Bike Thread: Road bike with disc brakes and strong wheels (£1000 CTW scheme)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, can't remember now if that was just stock tube or aluminium. When you first posted the link, the Reynolds tube was one of the first things that stood out.

The 10 is 4130 steel and the 20, 725 Reynolds steel. So there is a difference but the main thing should have been to try out the sizing...

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Hmm, I don't think there's *that much* difference twixt the 10 and 20 - but at any rate, geometrically they are identical, so I assume you had a go on the Large size 10 to make sure that is the right size for you..?

bb
Yes, spot on. Will need to flip the stem and see how it goes with the compact bars later but definitely a large for me.
If you were to see both bikes together I think you would change your mind. I may be wrong but it looked like the poor cousin to me.

Yes, spot on. Will need to flip the stem and see how it goes with the compact bars later but definitely a large for me.
If you were to see both bikes together I think you would change your mind. I may be wrong but it looked like the poor cousin to me.
Cool... Always get the one that speaks to you. I did! (Not a Genesis, though.)

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Cool... Always get the one that speaks to you. I did! (Not a Genesis, though.)
Fingers crossed I get it, but it definitely spoke to me. Probably said get aff ya fat bast.....but I can dream. It's a cracking shop, the guy has certainly made a huge investment.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I knew I was dealing with the right people. I got a call today from Sprockets to tell me that they had sourced the bike in the right size for the sale price. I'm delighted, hopefully pick it up Friday. :wahhey:

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Finally, due to a bit of miscommunication the bad boy touched down today.

20170128_135911.jpg

Mrs Slick says if it's not out her kitchen pronto, she's leaving.
I'm going to miss her cooking. :bicycle:

Top Bottom