Another New Bike Thread: Road bike with disc brakes and strong wheels (£1000 CTW scheme)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Sprockets are in Glasgow and £250 less...you've confused me now
No, according to their website they are in Ayrshire.

http://www.sprocketscycles.com/about-sprockets-cycles

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Closer than Wigan though? Call them, discuss the C2W possibility, try bike, hand over voucher, use the extra to have them fit mudguards rack etc
Yeah, don't know where that came from, sorry. I'm working all week, well half day Friday so could get it then. Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
I put Wigan because I thought Winstanley were based there.
Much more expensive than Sprockets potentially and not near the OP

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Yeah that looks okay but I wonder if the rest of the Medium's geometry is too compact for a near six-footer...

On the other hand, the Large's TT length looks a bit long.
It have it in my mind that I need compact after my bike fit but I understand @bonsaibilly when he says it varies from bike to bike. I really hope it fits.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's what I'm getting from looking at the geometry. Definitely needs considering if Slick is going to buy. You and I have opposing views I recall on whether too small or too large is worse, but we both agree that the wrong size is not a good idea!
The tennis elbow surgery scar on my left arm tells me too large is bad :smile:

It have it in my mind that I need compact after my bike fit but I understand @bonsaibilly when he says it varies from bike to bike. I really hope it fits.

You'll have to try them out. It's things like knee room, you don't want to be bashing th handlebar with your kneecaps, and also what size feet are you? Smaller bike = shorter wheelbase = often enough, trailing edge of front wheel hitting your toes if not careful.

Top Bottom