Another newspaper story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The thing I must watch out for now is people responding to it in next weeks issue. I am sure there are people out there who have just pulled a silly face when reading it and have sent a reply to the paper.

hoopdriver

Guru
I understand your motives for writing, but vagueness, exaggeration (professional cyclist?) and inaccuracies seriously undermine your credibility and thus the message you want to get across. You need to consider your words and message carefully with these sorts of things. Good intentions are not enough; you've got to deliver if you are going to enter the fray.

Drago

Legendary Member
Did your dad point out he's paying the Council tax though :tongue:
Did his Dad point out that VED was renamed, very appropriately to my mind, VD some years ago?

Yes I know that. The pollution made from manufacturing a Toyota Prius is more than manufacturing a normal 1.6 ltr car.
Hybrids are painfully bad for the environment mainly due to all the nasty nickel, the extraction of which is nastier than sharing a cell with Charles Bronson. A while back some Uni in America calculated that the CO2 emissions of gathering the raw materials, making the components, building a Prius, then shipping to to the US of A created more emissions than a Hummer H2 from birth, through 100,000 miles of motoring, then through final dismantling.

classic33

Leg End Member
Did his Dad point out that VED was renamed, very appropriately to my mind, VD some years ago?

Hybrids are painfully bad for the environment mainly due to all the nasty nickel, the extraction of which is nastier than sharing a cell with Charles Bronson. A while back some Uni in America calculated that the CO2 emissions of gathering the raw materials, making the components, building a Prius, then shipping to to the US of A created more emissions than a Hummer H2 from birth, through 100,000 miles of motoring, then through final dismantling.
Cars don't last as long these ays then. Only 100,000, been in a VW Beetle when it clocked over onto 000,000 miles

Top Bottom