A spooky story for christmas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mick Mudd

Über Member
l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

Looks like it'd be a pleasant bike ride in the area, what could possibly go wrong?
OH WAIT, a bloke on a motorbike once saw the Loch Ness monster run across the road in front of him-
l6.jpg

Yup you guessed it, the lake is Loch Ness and the house was once owned by occultist Aleister Crowley who used to open portals to hell for the fun of it..:smile:

l5.jpg

Last edited:

Jotheboat

Very interesting. But I think you'll find that it's the B274 Monster who actually lives in a pot hole near my place. Nessie's 3rd cousin.

Windle

Über Member
Formerly owned by Jimmy Page too, from the early seventies up until the early nineties I think. I don't imagine he spent much time up there Nessie hunting though. There's a Grimm Life Collective video on You tube about it from a couple of months ago. On holiday up there in 1996 the wife and I must have driven past it as we had an explore down that side of Loch Ness one day, although I didn't know of the house back then.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I'm sure I can find other sources - it's just the first google hit! It seems you know not how language works - a thing can have two names, both correct.

Indeed but one is in common use and understood while the other may be correct if you wish to
be pedantic but not being in common use is incorrect.
When I looked at the original post I assumed it was not Scotland since the common name was not
used.
Was that the intention?

Drago

Legendary Member
Formerly owned by Jimmy Page too, from the early seventies up until the early nineties I think. I don't imagine he spent much time up there Nessie hunting though. There's a Grimm Life Collective video on You tube about it from a couple of months ago. On holiday up there in 1996 the wife and I must have driven past it as we had an explore down that side of Loch Ness one day, although I didn't know of the house back then.

Apparently David Bowie stayed there once as a guest of Page and couldn't get out fast enough in the morning because it was so creepy.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Indeed but one is in common use and understood while the other may be correct if you wish to
be pedantic
but not being in common use is incorrect.
When I looked at the original post I assumed it was not Scotland since the common name was not
used.
Was that the intention?

it is you who was being pedantic, and like most pedants, you were wrong.

There's also only one body of water in the Lake District that has the word 'lake' in its name, but be it a mere, water, tarn or loch, they're all lakes.

OP
OP
M

Mick Mudd

Über Member
be pedantic but not being in common use is incorrect.
used.
Was that the intention?

Yes, i used 'Lake' instead of 'Loch' to throw you all off the scent, hehe..
Likewise I used 'house' instead of 'hoose'..:smile:

PS- speaking of monsters north of the border, we english owe a debt of gratitude to that Hadrian bloke who built a wall to keep them out.
It also keeps marauding bagpipes out too, here's an unlucky jock getting duffed up by one-

goodies-bagpipes.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom