Another one bites the dust...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The lawyer should not, ethically, be making remarks unless she believes them to be true.

People may sneer at the concept of lawyers and ethics, but they operate in public.

If she is 'making shoot up', she will very quickly be caught out.

There is some poetic licence, and the information may not be rigorously checked.

In other words, the defendant tells her in conference he has diabetes and it sometimes make him feel a bit odd.

She presents that in court - with a bit of topspin.

She also mentioned 'a moment of madness' which may have been her way of selling the lesser charge of careless driving to the jury.

However, the defendant still banjoed the cyclist, so the judge could have sent him away just for that.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The lawyer should not, ethically, be making remarks unless she believes them to be true.

People may sneer at the concept of lawyers and ethics, but they operate in public.

If she is 'making shoot up', she will very quickly be caught out.

There is some poetic licence, and the information may not be rigorously checked.

In other words, the defendant tells her in conference he has diabetes and it sometimes make him feel a bit odd.

She presents that in court - with a bit of topspin.

She also mentioned 'a moment of madness' which may have been her way of selling the lesser charge of careless driving to the jury.

However, the defendant still banjoed the cyclist, so the judge could have sent him away just for that.
It could have been an attempt by the solicitor to claim he was disabled and needed the car to get about but 1 of the main 'cures' for type II is exercise. :bicycle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Some lawyers really do extract the urine. Crown court usually don't let them get away with as much as they do in mags, but some do forget their place in the food chain.

I used to love when they'd say, "I put it to your officer Drago that you're lying." No evidence of it, just desperately clutching at straws. My response was to turn to the Judge so he could see my campaign, military service and police service medals shine patriotically on my tunic, put on my best hurt and upset face, and say "Your Honour, I've just been accused of perjury. That's a very serious offence, so with your permission I'd like to step down to take legal advice."

The Judge responded by saying, "That won't be necessary officer Drago", and then giving a serious and highly embarassing tongue lashing into the solicitor. I used to relish watching them squirm and the look of daggers they'd sneak me when they thought the Judge wasn't looking. That might work with an 18 year old probationer who still lives with Mum, but not a near 30 year man in his late 40's.

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
As a type 2 diabetic there is no such thing as a sugar low, type 2 is high blood sugar all the time.
I am neither medical nor do I have any experience of diabetes, so I ask this as a genuinely open question.... is it possible for the treatment for type 2 diabetes to produce low blood sugar?

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Type 2s become hyperglycaemic, not hypo. Mrs D suffers as a side effect of the MS, and it's one of the 2 injections I administer for her every night.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Im hoping for drivers giving me the wide berth and being the size i am should limit road rage incidents. With the Trike and myself i'd weigh in excess of 400 pounds. I mean, if im hit by a car i shall immediately and instinctively curl up in to ball and hope to do as much damage to the car as humanly possible whilst exiting the world in a ferocious, screaming lump of glory. In terms of road rage, im hoping they just think, whats the point!? and instead rant on the Daily Mail instead. I can literally live with that...

Rocky

Hello decadence
I am neither medical nor do I have any experience of diabetes, so I ask this as a genuinely open question.... is it possible for the treatment for type 2 diabetes to produce low blood sugar?

The answer is yes.

Type 2 diabetics can get hypoglycaemia - when they take too much glucose lowering medication (for example insulin). See this paper which explains that it may be a bigger problem than originally thought.

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/28/12/2948

JohnHughes307

Über Member
Type 2s become hyperglycaemic, not hypo. Mrs D suffers as a side effect of the MS, and it's one of the 2 injections I administer for her every night.
I'm type 2 and have had hypo moments when my prescribed gliclacide was at too high a dose (I'd lost 16kg and still on the dosage that I'd been prescribed when I was at 89kg) - really weird effects, it was as if I was totally bladdered, couldn't stand properly, couldn't talk properly... Had to grab some carbs quick and adjust my dosage.
Chappie still deserves his sentence though, you shouldn't be behind the wheel if you feel like that and there is no excuse for violence like that.

Top Bottom