Another one bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
There's a lot of litter picking that needs to be done, along with many public places which could do with a lot of unpaid labour to put right, but I'm sure it would be against their human rights to make them work for nothing in the name of rehabilitation
It is not in The States, I come in to the bike co-op sometimes and there are some people scrubbing the floors or sidewalk, or cutting the grass, by court order. Been that way for some time, I can remember a horse trailer pulling up at our school, a bunch of guys from the jail got out, as did a deputy with a horse and shotgun, and they proceeded to cut the grass and pull the weeds and all the lawn care stuff.

Drago

Legendary Member
not sure I like this association! :sad:
You'd love my man shed then...

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is not in The States, I come in to the bike co-op sometimes and there are some people scrubbing the floors or sidewalk, or cutting the grass, by court order. Been that way for some time, I can remember a horse trailer pulling up at our school, a bunch of guys from the jail got out, as did a deputy with a horse and shotgun, and they proceeded to cut the grass and pull the weeds and all the lawn care stuff.
I saw a bunch of young people doing it in the Midlands here. They were picking up litter and and cutting grass at the side of a country lane. I know that they were being made to do it because they all wore reflective bibs with 'Community Payback' printed on them!

As I passed I muttered "That'll teach you not to be thieving scrotes!" under my breath but clearly not as quietly as I had intended, because one very large young guy with muscular tattooed arms stopped what he was doing, looked up, and glowered at me... I rode off before he was tempted to earn an extension to his Payback order! :laugh:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I saw a bunch of young people doing it in the Midlands here. They were picking up litter and and cutting grass at the side of a country lane. I know that they were being made to do it because they all wore reflective bibs with 'Community Payback' printed on them!

As I passed I muttered "That'll teach you not to be thieving scrotes!" under my breath but clearly not as quietly as I had intended, because one very large young guy with muscular tattooed arms stopped what he was doing, looked up, and glowered at me... I rode off before he was tempted to earn an extension to his Payback order! :laugh:
I think you're being harsh, I always engage with them when I see a group, they seem to enjoy the banter. I've used them in a previous life to do all sorts of jobs eg, cleaning an old churchyard, making a ramp for a disabled person and found most of them respond to a bit of structure and direction. Accepted not all though.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think you're being harsh, I always engage with them when I see a group, they seem to enjoy the banter. I've used them in a previous life to do all sorts of jobs eg, cleaning an old churchyard, making a ramp for a disabled person and found most of them respond to a bit of structure and direction. Accepted not all though.
You are Warden Samuel Norton from Shawshank prison, AICMFP!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You are Warden Samuel Norton from Shawshank prison, AICMFP!
Salvation lies within.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I was being a wee bit harsh - I have no idea what they had done to end up there. It was intended as a jokey remark for my ears only but it came out as a rather loud 'stage whisper'...!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
After the looting earlier, we had a great many regular folks put on community service for looting the Target and Wal*Mart, and setting fire to them. They weren't protesting, and they aren't your garden variety miscreants. They were just people lacking the moral courage to say no when the crowd started acting out, and took things not belonging to them. Not realizing that that big screen Tv they just snitched, as a part of its setup, tells everyone what its serial number is, and where it is at. Most people who know their way way around a demonstration or civil disorder know not to have their cell phone on them when doing so. Because there are 2 law enforcement apps which, with a court order, can allow the police to see whose phones are where. And usually the only justification needed is that those people demonstrating were "terrorists".

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If I ever caught one stealing my bike they would definitely fall down the stairs in my bungalow. You see officer, he told me he was going to stab me and his hand went towards his pocket and I was in genuine fear for my life...

Someone made the mistake of breaking into my brothers flat years ago. Scrote spent a couple of days in hospital after my brother feared for his life all over him.

Drago

Legendary Member
Many moons ago, about 2000 IIRC, a lad at work took a gun off a lad that was intruding in his house, and gave him an absolute titan of a beating. It was quite justified too - Johnny Scumbag had one gun, which had actually gone off during the struggle, and there was no way of knowing that he didn't have another, so it was life or death stuff. Slap him until he was unconscious and could pose no further risk to life was the only viable tactic.

The lad died in prison some years later and Pat got the Queens Policing Medal with Gallantry ribbon, so a happy ending all round.

Edit - found it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/689131.stm

"Overcome" is an understatement. The lad was in hospital for 3 days before being deemed well enough to be released to the police. Pat retired just before me. A lovely guy, but built like Mr T and twice as mean when he was riled. He now runs his own West Indian caff in Bedford.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That reminds me of some American cycle forum that was often linked to on the old C+ forum. On one thread the American's were talking about them saving x grams by buying x. Yet on another page they were talking about the guns they always cycled with :okay:
They make gun carriers to fit on your handlebars. Because wolverines.

and Cougars, who like to eat cyclists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom