Another Reason to wear a helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not sure as I just made it up but is usual rubbish spouted for the no helmet mob .
You have indeed spouted the same as a certain anti helmet poster who never backs up claims made

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All I will say is they are good at stopping gravel rash. My crash in 2008 and yesterday's crash both involved my noggin hitting the road. This time it was a big whack as I went over the bars. Newish helmet looks fine, but on close inspection it's dented and has cracked. Plus side is I was up immediately. Just have a very sore neck, shoulder, leg, arm, broken ribs and a headache. Oh and I can't sleep as lying down is painful.

Shaun

Founder
I've moved this thread because the original forum is intended for discussions about buying helmets; this forum is more suited to a discussion about the science and personal choice of helmet wearing. :thumbsup:

I say personal choice ... Mrs. Admin has described in detail what she'll do to me if I don't wear a helmet whilst out on the bike ... and, believe me, wearing the helmet is the least painful option. :laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've moved this thread because the original forum is intended for discussions about buying helmets; this forum is more suited to a discussion about the science and personal choice of helmet wearing. :thumbsup:

I say personal choice ... Mrs. Admin has described in detail what she'll do to me if I don't wear a helmet whilst out on the bike ... and, believe me, wearing the helmet is the least painful option. :laugh:
@Shaun thanks for moving and my other half is same as yours re helmets

bpsmith

Veteran
Is there one?
Look one post up from yours for a start...

Thanks

I always find being labelled "anti-helmet" amusing

After all promoting the Thudguard for children, tougher helmet standards, and looking at the use of helmets that are fit for purpose is hardly "anti"

I think the issue is that the pro-helmet case is shown to be weak by these suggestions, so claiming "anti-helmet" is easier than addressing the points

The important thing is that people have the relevant information, realise the real facts and limitations, think rather than get forced by emotional blackmail make a decision that suits them

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The only reason I can think of that certain people keep banging on about how we should all wear a helmet is because they're rather embarrassed to be wearing one themselves when they come across a bare headed cyclist. They somehow feel less macho and have to justify their own decision by handing out patronising lectures on how you're certain to die if you crash without one.

Lighten up, helmet compulsionists. Those who choose not to join don't think any less of you for wearing one, we respect your choice and will never start a conversation telling you we think you why we think you don't need one and neither will we ride behind you laughing and waving an imaginary Coke bottle. All we ask in return is that you respect our choice, mind your own business and STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom