Another Road bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found earlier in the week a Clements road bike on ebay going cheap. after not having riden a road/racer for at least 20 years then ended up chatting to a chap at work who said he had an old Raleigh at the back of his shed which I could have for free. I pumped up the tyres and off I went. He even gave me a pair of new Cyclocross tyres with it, lucky me.
20161202_151456_zpsxs6quapy.jpg

Last edited:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Thats very nice for a "freebie".

midlife

Guru
Very smart :smile:. From memory the Sensor had a disc sort of thing like a disk brake but it fed info to a "computer" strapped to the top tube.

Shaun

OP
OP
BADGER.BRAD
No the computers been taken off although he says he still has it somewhere and will try to find it. I took it out today to nip to the local post office where a parcel was waiting (27x1 1/4 tyres for the clements which I brought cheaply from Ebay) It's a very harse ride to what I'm used to but works well enough.I've put lights on it and fabbed a rear guard for it from an old broken one and made a few adjustments (rear wheel bearings/bottom braket and brakes) but may well put the cyclo cros tyres on it to sofen the ride (it has 700X23 tyres on at the moment). I put the tyres on the Clements bodged the chain together and gave that a quick ride as well. The Clements is much nicer but is more leaning to a tourer, the brakes are terrible I think it just the old brake blocks !

Last edited:
OP
OP
BADGER.BRAD
Had a look at the two bikes and relized other that a different steering angle the handle bar stem was abit further out on the Clements, so I re-angled the bars slightly and took the stem out to it's max (an inch higher) and it's made a world of difference.Still struggling with the down tube shifters though ! That said I've been riding a single speed MTB for the past few years so there is bound to be a difference. Mrs Badger loves the fact I now have 4 bikes as well !

Top Bottom