Another Strava Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I used to religiously upload my rides to Strava every day then every week and once I had to make my account private there didn't seem a lot of point so months could pass before I would get round to it but no more as I now have one of those watches that uploads everything automatically even some stuff I'd rather it didn't. I still have 3 months of rides on my garmin and first my computer at work stopped recognising it as a device and now my old laptop at home has failed to recognise it. Has anyone else had issues or is it just me?

vickster

Legendary Member
I used to religiously upload my rides to Strava every day then every week and once I had to make my account private there didn't seem a lot of point so months could pass before I would get round to it but no more as I now have one of those watches that uploads everything automatically even some stuff I'd rather it didn't. I still have 3 months of rides on my garmin and first my computer at work stopped recognising it as a device and now my old laptop at home has failed to recognise it. Has anyone else had issues or is it just me?
Have you tried a different USB lead? I had issues with connecting my old garmin to the laptop and that was the issue, or you need to update the device maybe?

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Have you tried a different USB lead? I had issues with connecting my old garmin to the laptop and that was the issue, or you need to update the device maybe?
I haven't tried the lead but it is still charging but not sure if that's a different thing. I don't think the device has ever been updated so might try that.

mangid

Guru

Yep, I've had many problems with Garmin USB. I gave up and use Bluetooth and phone to do the sync.

Top Bottom