Another two-wheeled joy/toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User

Attachments

• 20180303_130928.jpg
    20180303_130928.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 88
Looks v cool...enjoy :-)

hoopdriver

Guru
Well done! I think you’ll find that sturdy little beauty will take you anywhere in the world you want to go - from the corner shop to the camel market in Samarkand.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
[QUOTE 5170348, member: 21629"]Wanted a bike with:

1. Triple chainset for steeper hills
2. Rigid fork for less bike weight
3. Rear rack mount
4. Enough space for bigger tyres

It also has to be as cheap as possible for crying only few tears if it would be stolen.

So Focus Arriba, 8 speed Altus stuff, Tektro hydraulic brakes, 32c Schwalbe Lugano tyres.

I've never had a bike with womens frame (simply don't like that look). This one doesn't look 100% womens frame and riding feels quite interesting. Tried Giant bike with mens frame and this Focus felt better.

Saddle and pedals will be changed. Bought a cheap rear pannier bag. Will get proper Ortlieb/Vaude/whatever later.

Bike also takes front racks but this wasn't in my wish list. A welcome bonus anyway.

Long time forgotten good feeling of riding tyres bigger than 25c. ^_^ feels like a tank.

View attachment 398366 [/QUOTE]
Likey likey. That looks fab.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like the dropped top tube means there's no room for a bottlecage on the seat tube.

A side entry cage and smallish bottle may work.

If so, a competent bike shop could install the bosses for the cage using Rivnuts.

Nice spec elsewhere - some internal cable routing, hydraulic discs, threaded bottom bracket, rigid fork and realistic gearing.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
[QUOTE 5170741, member: 21629"]Cable ties and a bit of imagination can solve many problems.[/QUOTE]
Or you can use these. I have them for providing a mounting point on my Boardman CX Team for the front mudguard, lasted few years so far

http://www.elite-it.com/en/products/global/bottle-cages/accessories/vip

Top Bottom