Another "what lock?" recommendation thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roxy641

Could imagine that would be very easy to get around. Move it to another nearby place every 18 hours. I've never had to do that though.

As an aside to locks and insurance, when reading through conditions on insurance, minimum bronze standard required, but not allowed to leave it locked in one place for more than 18hrs! ( assume this didn't apply to home, but can't honestly remember)

Could imagine that would be very easy to get around. Move it to another nearby place every 18 hours. I've never had to do that though.

I would imagine you would have to move it a minimum distance. I would also double check the 18 hours thing when locked up at home. There is probably other ridiculous clauses in there somewhere. Its the reputation of insurances to avoid paying out because of silly reasons that I only ever purchase insurance if legally required. Breakdown insurance is my one exception.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's probably aiming to refuse payouts if you park at a train/coach/ferry station while you go away for the weekend. It's another way of discouraging people cycling for transport, so that you be a good little motorist and have to buy more insurance from people like them. Name and shame the bike-bashers, please!

400bhp

Guru
Now the insurers are insisting on a "Sold Secure Bronze" or above rated lock for the new bike due to it's value.e? :smile:

What insurer is this?

It would be worthwhile knowing for the rest of us at home insurance renewal time. I'd like to avoid them personally.

Reactions: mjr

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Top Bottom