Another Win For The LBS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben Reeve

I've never really used my LBS that much as they don't carry much stock, and I do alot of my maintenance at home

However I set to work yesterday trying to work out what the creaking was from the bottom bracket of my bike, and as feared, it turned out it was the bearings. My Cannonade has BB30 push fits, and I didn't have the kit to change these over.

I sent Pedals in my hometown of Biggleswade an e-mail at 0830 this morning, and by 0900 I had a phone call. Amazingly he said if I already had the bearings he would let me borrow the tools for a donation in the charity pot. Incredibly generous!

Unfortunately I didn't, so took the bike in. He swapped them over quickly, and only charged me for parts, not labour.

I was expecting my bike to be off the road for a couple of days, but it was a matter of hours!

Use and look after your local bike shop people, I will definitely be using mine again!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
One of my LBSes has offered to try to track down a difficult part for me (I can find it on online auction sites at only very high prices) so I went there today... and it's closed... on market day... madness :sad:

But usually both of the surviving town centre LBSes are good, if I remember when each one is open!

Top Bottom