Anti covid-19 thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kryton521

Über Member
I'm off to my new job this morning. Fine, cold, dry day, so torn about new job and missing a cycle ride which doesn't entail mud guards and soggy wet!

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Excellent ride into work, very quiet, few dog walkers and odd cyclists

Globalti

Legendary Member
Since I expect a reversal of the idiotic scientifically unproven "herd immunity" strategy in the next few days which will lead to a severe lockdown, I'm going out on the bike today for only the second time this year. I should not have much difficulty staying away from foul germbag humans. Afterwards, who can say?
Most of us encountered the virus around Christmas time and already have immunity. A few have gone on to develop symptoms, same as you do when you encounter around ten cold and flu viruses a year and shake most of them off.

The virus will mostly die out in the northern hemisphere as summer arrives then it will move to the southern hemisphere, so Australia, NZ, South Africa and south America will cop for it. Luckily for them, vaccines may be available by then. Every year scientists develop vaccines to the lastest flu strain in their hemisphere so that they can be ready for when it follows Winter to the other hemisphere and this will be little different.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Over the last few years I've felt time has just been running through my fingers.

There is a mathematical explanation for the common feeling that the years pass more quickly as you get older.

If you are 10, a year is about 10 percent of the time you've been alive.

If you are 50, a year is only about 2 percent of the time you've been alive, thus it feels like a shorter period.

There is a name for this theory which I forget, but I reckon there's something in it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Ok, here is my public service announcement.
At great personal risk I have ventured out to my local Sainsbury's. :eek:
I'm afraid to say that the biscuit isle is starting to look desperately sparse. I was shocked at being unable to get my regular packet of custard creams!
If you hurry there are still some 'other' types of biscuits available but they surely won't last long. You have been warned......

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I’m going out across the beet fields at the back of the house. Into the woods to see if any chiff chaffs have arrived yet. I’ve been self-isolating already with a bout of depression, so I’m handily prepared for solitude. Putting a Silky saw in the old pocket in case I spot any decent branch crooks from which I can harvest a couple of spoon blanks.
My telly is already in the yard with a boot through it. We should get a massive pile of the damn things and call the news media to come see them being burned chipped into recycling.
Good thread.
Few hours in the workshop this afternoon. Check on my old mum and try to prise all the Daily Mail billhooks out of her brain before it settles. Supper. Sleep. Repeat.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's worse than I feared! Just managed to grab the last bottle of Mrs Skol's favourite tipple...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was shocked at being unable to get my regular packet of custard creams!

I'm another fan of custards.

I can't say they are healthy, but a dietician once conceded to me they are better for you, or less worse, than chocolate biscuits.

They are served at the hospital when they give you a cup of tea, along with a choice of fruit shorties and plain digestives, but nothing containing any chocolate.

Brings a new meaning to the term 'pack of three'.

Top Bottom