Anti covid-19 thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There's a handful of second hand dealers around here.

Might be worth a try locally.

It's only a tin box that needs to get very cold, provided it does that I wouldn't worry about whether it's new or not.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well, if you're thinking of replacing or just getting a new deep freeze. Don't bother, "every where is sold out!". And the store where I've just started work can't get any more from their suppliers!!!
Hah! They'll all be stuffed when the power goes out, and I will be sitting pretty with my mountain of dried pasta and rice (except my kitchen is all electric so I wont be able to cook anything anyway).

D

Deleted member 26715

I have just heard on R4 that nobody under the age of 10 has died from the virus worldwide, they believe children have a different immunity to it than adults & it starts to change around the age of 12.

Why is this fact not being put out, the biggest fear of most parents will be that their children get it, the other issue is that children are also likely to be the carriers & it is them that should be kept away from the elderly, not go stay with them whilst the parents go to work.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'll only concede it's a crisis when I see the Sainsbury's shelves cleared of tinned octopus and pickled cockles.
Boak! I would leave them for you even if there was nothing else. :laugh:

Best get on to the medical research people at Oxford University amongst many others and let them know that after decades of studies and analysis they've got it all wrong.

You'll be a cert for a Nobel prize in medicine.
This is the anti-covid thread, sir, so I shall move my response to a spoiler tag.

Best get on to the WHO and virologists and epidemiologists and health ministers all around the world, and let them know that they've got it wrong and that the only way to defeat coronavirus is to listen to noble Britannia's brightest minds by licking handrails and holding pox parties.

That'll net you two Nobel prizes, since I won't be needing mine.

No-one is suggesting that there is no merit in the strategy, but it carries enormous risk, and it requires both reliable immunisation methods AND high compliance to work. Good luck getting the plucky Brits to comply with anything.

There is a mathematical explanation for the common feeling that the years pass more quickly as you get older.

If you are 10, a year is about 10 percent of the time you've been alive.

If you are 50, a year is only about 2 percent of the time you've been alive, thus it feels like a shorter period.

There is a name for this theory which I forget, but I reckon there's something in it.
It's a solid notion, perception of time is also tied to new experiences and the formation of new memories.
When you're young, life is adventure so you're constantly making new memories. As you settle into a routine/are too busy to go on adventures, there's nothing novel for your brain to latch onto and so time slides by without you noticing.

I should take up geocaching again, that was a great way to form new memories, even if most of them involve ending up knee-deep in mud.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

I'm not sure if I got this right.. I put the buttercream icing on the bottom sponge, then raspberry jam on the top one, then upended it onto the base.

Should it be t'other way round, or is my way legal? ⚖

Top Bottom