Anti glare night glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Bare eyes are better than anything between you and the light source. If you need prescription glasses at night, anything with an anti-reflective coating will do.

Ripple

Veteran
If you need anti-glare glasses go to opticians then. I bought mine at Specsavers - zero diopters but with anti-glare coating.

I tried few cycling glasses just to realise that I need proper anti-glare ones (problems with artificial light). Now I use them for cycling in the dark, driving in the dark or rain (dipped lights used to look like very powerful light beams for me), working in areas lighted by artificial light etc.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I have a few pairs of old cycling glasses with interchangeable lenses. I always seem to trash the dark lenses :blush: but keep them with yellow lenses in for night time commutes/rides. I find that generally the yellow lenses do not reduce any visability at night, but do reduce glare from oncoming traffic

Bare eyes are better than anything between you and the light source. If you need prescription glasses at night, anything with an anti-reflective coating will do.
I agree with you. I can't see how yet another source of light scattering can improve the problem. However, I'm still awaiting the definition of glare.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I had Fuch's dystrophy until it was treated with corneal grafts in both eyes. Now that's glare. Total whiteout from oncoming lights, with rainbow effects thrown in.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I gave up on yellow for work and cycling. I much prefer clear lenses. Riding through the night I find myself taking my clear eyewear on and off for clarity (off) and then a rest from the wind (back on) I have a pair from Decathlon and Halfords. Both cost a fiver each. I also have some clear fake Oakley lenses for my genuine Oakleys. They are clearer.

Top Bottom