anti-wrinkle cream for men

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bunch of poofs - you need to be on the bikes - no wonder we get so many 'snapped chain' or 'my bike don't work' threads.... get riding the damn thing, get a shower, get the thing lubed and off you go..... bike is No.1...not you..

No amount of skin carp is going to make an ugly git any better... trust me... !

You are a sports person...not a catalogue ponce !!!

Abitrary said:
Crikey, the expensive stuff.

How non-greasy is it though i.e. what genre of sludge to you have to wipe off your face after a commute?

Nothing. My dog licks it off.
(It is actually very good for us Southern jessies (and the Northern posers too wrapped up in their pies and mushy to admit to it) - just in case OK mag or Cycling Plus are doing random street snaps:biggrin: )

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
fossyant said:
Bunch of poofs - you need to be on the bikes - no wonder we get so many 'snapped chain' or 'my bike don't work' threads.... get riding the damn thing, get a shower, get the thing lubed and off you go..... bike is No.1...not you..

L'Oreal chain lube...'cos my bikes worth it...

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

fossyant said:

It's all about self-respect mate. It's probably no accident that the people on here who use skin-product look the way they do.

And post the way they do. And most likely cycle the amount of miles they do (which is why one needs to moisturise in the *first* place).

buggi

Bird Saviour
i woudn't bother. Firstly women never believe the hype. boswolox, pempapetides... it's all bolloks mate. moisturisers all work the same, they flood the top layers of skin with moisture which gives a temporary wrinkle free effect by plumping the skin up. Don't fall for that crap on tv. one moisturisers is pretty much the same as another.... except....

those with sun protection

the only thing that does work as an anti wrinkle (in my opinion) is UVA/UVB protection that is in some moisturisers. try Olay Complete Care. It's good value for money and i've used it since i was 18, when i read in a health care mag that 80% of old age wrinkles are caused by daily exposure to UV rays (that's not sunbathing, that's just your general walking about in daylight even in winter) and recommended moisturisers with sun protection. it made sense to me, i mean, you've seen Bridget Bardot aint ya? and since i read that, i've used Olay daily (SPF 15) and people constantly say i look young for my age. i don't have any major wrinkles yet and i'm 36 and i swear it's down to the SPF in my moisturiser. on the contrary, some of my friends are starting to look near retiring age.

but don't worry about your wrinkles too much, because as a woman, i find the wrinkles on a cyclists face EXTREMELY sexy, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. i dunno what it is, but men who cycle wrinkle in a certain way, they look kind of rugged, which is a good look! and i can tell they've spent their life on a bike (which may also have something to do with tight buns) and you can guarantee that if i find a 50+ male attractive, i usually later find out he cycles.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

buggi said:
i woudn't bother. Firstly women never believe the hype. boswolox, pempapetides...

Pentapeptides *do* work. I've got an article from the Times Style supplement or the Independent somewhere, I'll dig it out tommorrow

buggi said:
but don't worry about your wrinkles too much,

If you read my 2nd post in this thread, the wrinkles have gone. I think it was because I had a stressful week. I've got impending crows-feet currently.

buggi said:
because as a woman, i find the wrinkles on a cyclists face EXTREMELY sexy, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. i dunno what it is, but men who cycle wrinkle in a certain way, they look kind of rugged

I've got a mate, at work, who used to have a normal complexion, then got into cycling a bit *too* much, without moisturising.

He now looks like a klingon, and I'm sure you wouldn't find him very appealing in the slightest

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

buggi said:
dunno, from what i remember about star trek, Klingons are supposed to be.. ahem... huge!

True, but no excuse for unkempt skin.

Surely you don't stoke the fire without looking at the mantlepiece Buggi?

buggi

Bird Saviour
i thought the saying was "you don't have to look at the mantlepiece when stoking the fire" :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy: that's where i've been going wrong then??

(isn't that why rich ugly men get gorgeous women?)

simoncc

Vaseline is good for chapped lips. The 99p tin I bought about 5 years ago is still half full due to the mild winters we've had.

Top Bottom