Any android gurus out there? HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just got a telegram message from a mate who's out in Vietnam, concerned about an 'update alert' he just received. (He doesn't do updates...it's a long story.) Anyway, this is it:

upload_2018-6-4_23-14-40.png

When I google it, I get a less than reassuring array of hits:

upload_2018-6-4_23-15-30.png

He's a bit freaked out by this, not least because he's out there for several weeks and his phone is basically his only way of keeping in touch.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Tim Hall

Umm, it's a bit late, but I can't see a problem. The update message says that phone usability has been improved. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I can't help feeling that if it really was a legit LG update the first dozen google hits would all be about the update...which suggests to me that whatever's happened to his phone, it's not what it claims to be. I could be wrong, but that's my worry.

U

User6179

I can't help feeling that if it really was a legit LG update the first dozen google hits would all be about the update...which suggests to me that whatever's happened to his phone, it's not what it claims to be. I could be wrong, but that's my worry.

It is a legit update, comes up in my google search, first 3 results, I think depending on settings google can personalise search results so it can show different users different results.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It is a legit update, comes up in my google search, first 3 results, I think depending on settings google can personalise search results so it can show different users different results.
Thanks - I'll pass that on. I'll also suggest he gets some virus software, just to be on the safe side.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not an expert but it looks like an LG update for the 'skin' they put on top of android OS. If it were an android update it would say something like 'Android 8.1.0'.
A cautious nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom