Any Arsenal Fans Here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
It could be worse.You could be a big club like Leeds United.Beaten by the tractor boys on saturday.A team that shipped twelve goals in their last two games.You couldn't make it up.I even have a Leeds United wallet.

pepecat

pfffffft humph grrrrrr etc etc.....

Bloody awful yesterday... i think even i could have defended better than they did. Honestly. The thing about arsenal is that they used to always be consistently inconsistent. Now we're just consistently crap. Buy some defenders, please mr wenger!!

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I've given up on professional football and now only follow non league. I have adopted a few teams such as Bideford Town, Weston Super Mare, Truro City in the southern minor leagues and Forres Mechanics and Fort William in the Highland league, Stafford Rangers in the Evostik League. Fort William have had a terrible start and Stafford Rangers was my local team and went to see them at Wembley in the FA trophy. Also I would liek to see Swansea survive in the Premier, Cardiff City get promoted and Wrexham to get back into the league. It is good to see Brighton get back and there is a real momentum about the club which has been through a terrible time in recent years.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've given up on professional football and now only follow non league. I have adopted a few teams such as Bideford Town, Weston Super Mare, Truro City in the southern minor leagues and Forres Mechanics and Fort William in the Highland league, Stafford Rangers in the Evostik League. Fort William have had a terrible start and Stafford Rangers was my local team and went to see them at Wembley in the FA trophy. Also I would liek to see Swansea survive in the Premier, Cardiff City get promoted and Wrexham to get back into the league. It is good to see Brighton get back and there is a real momentum about the club which has been through a terrible time in recent years.

Brighton is a great story. They are getting good crowds now also. Saturday's match attracted over 19'000.

I also have become disillusioned with Premier League football. Having been a Chelsea S/T holder for the last 15 years. This year I gave it up. I went to the Norwich game on saturday and confirmed that I made the correct decision.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The Independent's headline reads:

Manchester 13 - London 3

A resurgent Liverpool and two strong Manchester teams - are we seeing a shift of power oop north?

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
The power has always been up north and the midlands because no London or southern team has ever one the European cup whereas the northern and midland sides have one it 11 times with Liverpool Man Utd, Notts Forest and Villa not to forget Celtic who were the first British side to lift the European Cup.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Clearly those of us who think that Arsenal's desire to live within their means is admirable can't be best pleased when clubs built on debt and oil money forge ahead, but it has to be admitted (albeit painfully) that Ferguson has actually adopted Wenger's faith in youth and free-passing football and made a better job of it.

Players like Hernandez, Jones (who Arsenal could have had for £10m last winter), De Gea and Smalling meet the Wenger template. Ferguson has played them early, given them confidence and asked them to employ their talent to the fullest extent. For the first time I find myself wondering where Wenger goes from here.........

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Youth is fine but it does mean having fit or untransferred players such as Wilshere, Fabregas and Nasri available. The reasons why the latter 2 felt they had to leave and Wilshere has been overused at a young age need looking at.
Wenger's failure to rebuild after the successful years is at the heart of this and it will apply to Chelsea too.

I thinks there is a large amount of obstinacy in Wenger's approach.

I think most outsiders (and insiders) would agree that Arsenal have played the best football in the country over the last few years and would have won trophies if Wenger had invested a decent keeper and top "fox in the box".

Instead Aresene perseveres with the likes of Bendtner and a succession of idiot goalies.

[QUOTE 1523313"]
Back in the early 90s I knew one Arsenal fan. Good mate of mine - still is.

Now, I know loads of them.

No wonder they turn so quickly - don't go through the hard-times and just join at glory-times.

[/quote]

I hate these new Arsenal fans, constantly moaning about how hard and stressful it is when they haven't failed to make the group stages of the Champions League for about 14 years. Feel so sorry for the real ones who have had their club taken away from them and taken to that soulless shell though.

twobiker

There are two obvious ways to turn things around, 1, sell all the players and buy a complete new team, or,2,wait till the end of the season and then you won't need to play against those nasty big boys again as you are bound to be relegated.:evil: closest I could find to red devil.

postman

Legendary Member
Arsenal need a goalie.It's taken Sir Alex a few years to find a decent goalie.I just checked 15 in all.And the ony two good ones were the big Dane and Van the man.Good goalies seem hard to find.

Top Bottom