1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Biggin Hill area commuters out there?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by BentMikey, 28 Sep 2007.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

I'm shortly to be moving to the area - any commuters out there with good route ideas?

2. gazzaputt

gazzaputt New Member

To where?

3. gary r

gary r Veteran

my sister used to live there,I remember a massive hill called Salt box hill (or seemed massive as a 13yr old) make sure you dont venture into new Addington (chav city) Its all quite hilly round there from what i can remember.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Just use google maps, get directions and click on avoid highways.

5. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

LOL, yes, I've done Salt Box Hill, it's a beast. I originally thought that would be a good cycle route until I saw down into the dip there. I'll be travelling into the West End, btw.

6. gazzaputt

gazzaputt New Member

Up through bromley, downham, catford and lewisham along the A21?

7. benborp

benborp Veteran

Not to contradict gazzaputt, just a preference for hills (which you will encounter one way or the other) and greenery and a wariness of the motorized denizens of Bromley and Catford, but I would cut across country to West Wickham via Blackness Lane, Jackass Lane, Gates Green Road and Glebe Way and then on to Crystal Palace (via Anerley Hill, ahem), Dulwich, Camberwell etc. The only regular encounter with numpties I have is around the Elmers End roundabout which should be crawling if you're commuting at normal times.

8. gazzaputt

gazzaputt New Member

Some daily commute though Biggin Hill to London.

9. DustBowlRefugee

DustBowlRefugee Über Member

Westerham Hill about 5 miles awayis a real shocker. Thereare somenice rides out into the South Downs. In Matt Seeton's book "Escape Astist" he goes on about some rides out that way