Any Black Pudding lovers..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Amongst all the Turkey and Brussel sprout madness my local butcher does the most amazing, black pud.
image.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Luv' it.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Amongst all the Turkey and Brussel sprout madness my local butcher does the most amazing, black pud.
View attachment 75093
Looks nice :hungry: , but you haven't lived until you have tried a Charles McLeod Stornoway black pudding. Every restaurant and hotel in the Hebrides seems to serve them for breakfast and as part of half their main evening meals. They are by a country mile the best I have ever eaten. They seem to have a growing reputation in the restaurant business, and you can even order them by post. (Probably not a good idea if you have a dog!).

OP
OP
Billy Wizz

Billy Wizz

Über Member
A friend from Kerry is bringing me what he claims is the best when he arrives back in the New Year, looking forward to that.
But for now my local:thumbsup: is hard to beat.

BrynCP

Über Member
I used to eat black pudding even when I was a "vegetarian" I liked it so much!

(I was a vegetarian out of dislike for the texture, taste and appearance of meat and fish not a consciousness thing; and yes that still make no sense bearing in mind the contents).

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Black pudding and scrambled eggs :hungry:

OP
OP
Billy Wizz

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Looks nice :hungry: , but you haven't lived until you have tried a Charles McLeod Stornoway black pudding. Every restaurant and hotel in the Hebrides seems to serve them for breakfast and as part of half their main evening meals. They are by a country mile the best I have ever eaten. They seem to have a growing reputation in the restaurant business, and you can even order them by post. (Probably not a good idea if you have a dog!).

I think that would be the day the postman gets a reprieve, but i will look into that one.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Great if you can find a good butcher's one. Chapel St butchers in Penzance makes fine pud but at 470 miles away, it's a bit difficult for me to nip out and get some.

Supermarket-wise, Clonakilty is/was good (and expensive) but in recent months seems to have more than its fair share of gristly and stringy bits, which makes you wonder just what is going into it. Simon Howie's (Tesco) is ok and McSweens is good but difficult to find. The Bury Co one in most supermarkets tastes of naff-all.

Scambled eggs, grilled black pudding and two slices of three cheese chilli bread toasted - the perfect breakfast imho.

Top Bottom