Any Boaties in here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Was that a tidal mooring? I almost ended up in East Ham on the Lee but went for Thames Ditton on the non tidal Thames insted.

red_tom

miloat said:
Springfield on the Lee.

I'm a member of the Lea rowing club (you can spell it either way I believe) that's just round the corner from Springfield. Being on the river has really taken over from cycling as my main pastime. :thumbsup:

We went on Narrowboat holidays near enough every year when I was growing up. Even my Dad's honeymoon from his second marriage (unsurprisingly with a start like that, he's now on his third...). I still remember my then stepmother standing with one hand against either wall in the kitchen screaming about how f**king cramped everything was ;).

longers

Legendary Member
4 of us used to go out on the Solway in an Avon rubber dinghy. Great fun. We were supposed to be fishing. Never caught a single thing but we had such a good time trying.

2 things happened of note.

i) A large white/grey undersea creature (possibly 4 foot long) swam about 3 or 4 foot under the dinghy once. We didn't catch it.

ii) While trying to start the outboard the cable/string snapped and my dad smacked me in the mouth when his arm flew back. I don't think I went overboard but wasn't too far off.

Keith Oates

Janner
longers said:
4 of us used to go out on the Solway in an Avon rubber dinghy. Great fun. We were supposed to be fishing. Never caught a single thing but we had such a good time trying.

2 things happened of note.

i) A large white/grey undersea creature (possibly 4 foot long) swam about 3 or 4 foot under the dinghy once. We didn't catch it.

ii) While trying to start the outboard the cable/string snapped and my dad smacked me in the mouth when his arm flew back. I don't think I went overboard but wasn't too far off.

I had a similar thing happen to me when I went out with a mate in his boat in Falmouth Bay. His son tried to start the engine and somehow slipped hitting me fair and square in the 'wedding tackle', painful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EmGee DK

Aye matey!
I have 24 foot Fjord for leisure trips- I normally only go until I find a nice quiet spot. Cant stand the engine noise. I used to do some yachting(?) (sailboats), but its too expensive and time consuming

Top Bottom