Any closer and he'd need a condom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
That does look close..

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
shite, that was close :ohmy:

you know, apparently (according to another thread) your just supposed to keep quite and accept that sort of driving , cos complaining wont help !!!!

there really needs to be something done, nationally, by the government and police, to change the general attitude to cyclists on the road. people would not pass a horse in that way :angry:

chigman

you know, apparently (according to another thread) your just supposed to keep quite and accept that sort of driving , cos complaining wont help !!!!

there really needs to be something done, nationally, by the government and police, to change the general attitude to cyclists on the road. people would not pass a horse in that way :angry:

That was just bang out of order. Yes-go to the police with that one, I would.:angry:

steve

Good god...that was nasty...What a twonk...:angry:

I blame the know f-all press for this...The media hysteria against RLJers when bloody car drivers do the worst atrocities. All I get asked by motorists now is do I RLJ?

Im so fed up with it I don't even remark on mobile phones anymore.

Edited many times.:angry:

That was appalling driving, and does need reporting, even if just to give the white van driver a reminder by the 'boys in blue' about road saftey.

yello

That was frightening close.

I presume your next stop was the laundry! I'd be visiting the police station with video and soiled bibs/underwear for that one.

I have to admit to thinking sometimes that some vids that appear here and/or YouTube are debatable but that one is unquestionably dangerous. I reckon you ought report it.

OP
OP
G

Gandalf

Veteran
That was frightening close.

I presume your next stop was the laundry! I'd be visiting the police station with video and soiled bibs/underwear for that one.

I have to admit to thinking sometimes that some vids that appear here and/or YouTube are debatable but that one is unquestionably dangerous. I reckon you ought report it.

I'd love to believe that I could actually report it, but on what basis?. Unless there is actually a collision resulting in injury or death the Police wont want to know, particularly as it was only a cyclist placed in danger. When a 4x4 actually hit me recently, after failing to give way at a mini RAB, ( sadly MD80 clone hat stopped filming) I got the 'no further action' treatment.

Can you imagine the conversation with the civilian receptionist when I pop into the nick?

I doubt they actually have a form to fill in for near misses caused by dangerous driving.

BSRU

A Human Being
I'd love to believe that I could actually report it, but on what basis?. Unless there is actually a collision resulting in injury or death the Police wont want to know, particularly as it was only a cyclist placed in danger. When a 4x4 actually hit me recently, after failing to give way at a mini RAB, ( sadly MD80 clone hat stopped filming) I got the 'no further action' treatment.

Can you imagine the conversation with the civilian receptionist when I pop into the nick?

I doubt they actually have a form to fill in for near misses caused by dangerous driving.
My local Police have a form for reporting dangerous driving, although the only thing that would happen by filling one in is that it will become just another statistic but it might make you feel better by doing something official.

OP
OP
G

Gandalf

Veteran
T'was close. Too close. Why weren't you looking behind?

It was a long straight stretch of road and as such I can't see what benefit there would be in constantly swivelling my head round. YMMV.

I look behind when necessary, such as when I'm approaching a pinch point, junction, or changing road position.

Top Bottom