Any company you refuse to use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't drink Vodka. It's a commie beverage. Therefore, Smirnoff is a company that I do not use.

Owned by Diageo, so it's English now!

Diageo moved the Johnnie Walker plant from Kilmarnock, resulting in thousands of job losses, so they're a brand I try to avoid, which is easy enough because Johnnie Walker is rank.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Getting back to Aldi, although my point applies to every big store, so much depends on the manager. Of the two stores nearest me, one is spot on, the queue length is managed very well and the till workers are pleasant. The other is a totally different kettle of fish.
It was the same in the last place I lived.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Owned by Diageo, so it's English now!

Diageo moved the Johnnie Walker plant from Kilmarnock, resulting in thousands of job losses, so they're a brand I try to avoid, which is easy enough because Johnnie Walker is rank.

Until you got to the JW Blue, unearthly sublime and smooth.
Now replaced with Platinum which I've not tried.

simonali

Guru
Couple of others on a car theme. SEAT and Citroen. If they have a decent dealer anywhere in their respective networks I never located it.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Ford -I remember reading about a recall on a rear latch and them knowing about it. But they were willing to keep pushing out a dangerous product as it was cheaper to keep paying out rather than fixing it. Add in the fact over here they made a car with a troublesome CVT transmission they wouldn't stand behind past 60K miles (I think it was that) to fix -what did they do? Changed the next model year to use a "normal" geared transmission and changed the name of the car (even though it was the same) to distance themselves from it. As someone else said, not with my money they're not.

Amazon -I really dislike them pushing Prime, and the way they treat their employees. Add in the fact they appear to purposely wait 3 days with your order before even thinking of shipping it if you aren't a prime member just does not endear me to them.

Walmart (to be honest, I do use them now and again as sometimes they do have stuff that is cheap and convenient, but I try my best not to) -based on how they treat and pay their employees

HP Printers -once I would espouse how fantastic they were. Then I bought a printer -and granted it seemed to be well made -that drank ink. And each ink cartridge was about 20 quid and I swear I was lucky to get 5-10 printed pages before one of the 4 cartridges ran out of ink. I understand it's a business model for making money, but the printer wasn't that cheap and this just seemed so excessive to be a rip off and just plain greedy. I swore then, never HP again.

Not sure if you could consider this to be a company but MLB (Major League Baseball). When I arrived in the States I found baseball to be quite interesting and entertaining. I enjoyed following the Boston Red Sox -and went to quite a few games. But the players went on strike in 1994 (yes, that long ago) and my interest completely evaporated, and I've never been to a game since. It's hard to have sympathy for any sports athletes where even the lowest paid was on hundreds of thousands a year (and that was back in the 1990's). I know the current players are nothing to do with the players in the 1990s, but it doesn't matter, my interest has gone, and as far as I'm concerned MLB never even attempted to entice back disenfranchised fans. Again, not with my money if I can help it.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Ok, having read this thread I won t do business with companies that:

Have board members with wandering hands.
Brexireers on the board.
Ryanair.
Remainders on the board.
Communists.
People that do business with [insert name of favourite oppressive regime]
Ryan O'Neill.
Volkswagen or other brands within the same Reich.
Ryan's Daughter.
Uber.
Jack Ryan.
Rupert Murdoch, and I'll forget that compared to Maxwell we was a saint.
Sports Diect, which means House of Fraser and Evans.

Seems like I'm going to struggle to buy anything anywhere ever.

Top Bottom