Any demand for a cycle camping subthread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
you like quiet?

When I'm in the tent yes:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
@Petrichorwheels if you want to discuss camping, gear, etc, you could open a camping thread in the hobbies section.
Meantime, I'll tag @Shaun the forum's owner, so he's aware of your request.
I know the tags have become redundant, but those that are there still work. Could a new "Camping Equipment"/"Camping" one be created?

In the meantime, I don't think there's one bit of camping equipment that hasn't been mentioned in a thread. Usually one started about it. From carrying to cooking, to sleeping.

in fact mr hobbes asked for there to be no discussion on the tour thread.
I dislike strongly being misrepresented. There was a "Chat Thread" to accompany the Travelogue where I engaged, I think, with everyone who posted a question.

With such a long journey I requested it to preserve the narrative, not to minimise discussion.

was probably afraid of "boring" gear questions :smile: )
I really enjoyed the Chat Thread and only recall one poster with seemingly inane questions, about my height if I recall correctly. Thankfully they haven't been seen in a couple of months.
It was also interesting to note some posters delete their posts in the thread after disagreement elsewhere on the forum.

I'd see it as as a subset of cycle-touring etc.
Then post it in the Touring and Adventure Cycling forum.
I am failing to see the issue. Less people will see a post in a subforum than a main forum.
How about actually making a post rather than requesting a special subforum to post in?

Sallar55

Veteran
T
It was also interesting to note some posters delete their posts in the thread after disagreement elsewhere on the forum.
I was surprised that one of my posts was deleted, would like to know why. Don't mind people deleting their posts but the mods should give a reason when they delete a post.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
T
I was surprised that one of my posts was deleted, would like to know why. Don't mind people deleting their posts but the mods should give a reason when they delete a post.
@Sallar55 please send a contact us message stating the thread it was deleted from, if you remember the date too.
The Mods team will answer you via pm ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
Petrichorwheels

Petrichorwheels

I dislike strongly being misrepresented. There was a "Chat Thread" to accompany the Travelogue where I engaged, I think, with everyone who posted a question.

With such a long journey I requested it to preserve the narrative, not to minimise discussion.
cripes mr hobbes - no intention to "misrepresent" you - I meant in the main thread.
Am off to do a search and find out how tall you are.

Top Bottom