Any gamers on CC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
You really need to learn to build. My son spent quite some time on the build training games to practice. It makes it worth the effort when you can instinctively build out of trouble. In a close scrap with someone who seems a better close fighter he builds to gain distance and advantage then gets the head shot in before the guy finishes taking his quick build down to reach him. It's one of the skills you can practice in but worth the effort. My son keeps getting crown wins doing stuff like that. Mind you, it helps that he sees stuff happening like before anyone else. He's wired up to go fast I reckon! I love watching him play, it's amazing to see. Proud wannabe gamer dad living vicariously through his gamer son!

I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years, until No Build came in I obviously played Build (without building for me!) Funny thing is I got considerably more wins in Build than No Build. The game does change rapidly though and I may be crap at building, I'm much better at combat.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Not sure whether it counts as gaming, but I'm enjoying Train Sim World 3.
View attachment 715453

View attachment 715454

View attachment 715455

Got that as a freebee from Epic a while ago. I liked the freight more than the other trains - always changing direction, train makeup etc. The passenger stuff got boring quit quickly. Would like to try a steam sim if there's one out there.

I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years, until No Build came in I obviously played Build (without building for me!) Funny thing is I got considerably more wins in Build than No Build. The game does change rapidly though and I may be crap at building, I'm much better at combat.

When my son got on top of building he became better than all the people he played pvp against or played with, except for one older kid that joined in. Before learning it he was a few behind. It really upped his game.

However, he's nearly 11 so I bet his abilities and especially playing style will be different than a guy quite a bit older. No offence meant but I know I am nowhere near as good a player of computer games as I was a a kid on my s48k or indeed the Sega megadrive my mate had at uni who I played a lot with.

I do think there's tons you can learn in a game to improve. My son spends perhaps too much time on his switch but also phone or tablet learning new playing techniques on fortnite and rocket league. YouTube can be a good teacher!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
My boys got an Xbox Series S for Christmas and since then we’ve been getting Game Pass Ultimate for £1 a fortnight on a rolling basis. That’s been withdrawn now so I’m looking to buy a compatible Game Pass Ultimate through another vendor (don’t want to pay £12.99 unless I have to). But nowhere (on the web) seems to explicitly say that the Game Passes they sell are compatible with Series S and I don’t want to buy anything that isn’t !

Can anyone please help?

For example, would this work?
72FCD990-CB65-4FA3-9AF3-C0F3F47683D4.png

OP
OP
D

Dadam

Don't worry, Game Pass is 100% compatible with Series S as that console one of the current line up. I'm pretty sure all consoles since Xbox One including One S, One X should be compatible, though there may be the odd more recent game that's Series S/X only.

It's all the same Game Pass subscription, you're only buying a code from CDKeys that you add to your account. CDKeys are reputable, I've bought several game codes and my last Game Pass.

Reminds me, I need to see what the best deal is now. I got a great deal in summer 2022 buying 3 4-month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions from CDKeys, applying them in sequence to stack them and getting a free month each time, then paying a quid to upgrade the lot to Game Pass Ultimate! Basically got 18 months for about 30 quid but it's just run out.

si_c

Guru
That’s just what I wanted to hear, thank you so much for your detailed answer, @Dadam.

HRK Game currently have 6 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £45 which is about £7.5 a month, not quite as good as Dadam's deal above however! I've used HRK a number of times for games and windows/office copies.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
CDKeys have got 6 months for £42.99 - I just went with a month to begin with but may go back and buy a longer-term pass later…. Thanks for giving me the confidence to know I was buying the right thing, chaps!

si_c

Guru
Working my way through the 2016 edition of Doom at the moment. I prefer Quake, really - Doom is just too complicated and I spend a lot of time getting lost.

Yep, I made a start on that, it's quite fun, but not in the casual pick it up, kill stuff, put it down way I remember doom of old being.

Also been playing Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora recently, that's a really really pretty game. Does need a fairly decent setup though.

Working my way through the 2016 edition of Doom at the moment. I prefer Quake, really - Doom is just too complicated and I spend a lot of time getting lost.

Don't bother with the sequal then, it's got silly platforming built into it and is Doom only in name, rubbish.

Top Bottom