Any golfers in here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Golf on a bike, that’s novel ;)

numbnuts said:
Golf on a bike, that’s novel ;)

Not totally incompatible - In my utility cycling mode I often take my clubs to the course on my bike - not very comfortable for people coming the other way on a narrow cycle path but we manage

potsy

Rambler
Having my 1st game on Friday since last November,was playing twice a week for last 5 years or so but have got bored with it now tbh.
Wed morning comps were always the worst for me,all the old guys who are in no rush/nothing else to do.

£JoshD-Too right, the time before last that I went down a cyclist approached me from behind going too fast - instead of slowing he tried to make a fast pass and rode himself off into a large patch of briar and nettle - on going back to see if he was all right his words were "my brakes don't work" - explains everything but if the path had been wider he would have been able to execute a pass safely without nearly taking me out.

potsy - I can never play enough but it is the crack playing with someone I like or a good crowd that makes it all worthwhile

Jaye

Veteran
Don't you just love those numptys who have 5 practice swings hit the ball 30 yds sideways stroll to the ball have 5 practice swings hit the ball 30 yds sideways......................;)

Or the ones who putt out then stand on the green working out how many shots they have taken (walk and count FFS)

I don't care if you're a scratch golfer or a hacker just get on with it a round of golf should not take more than 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

OP
OP
£

£Josh D

psmiffy said:
Too right, the time before last that I went down a cyclist approached me from behind going too fast - instead of slowing he tried to make a fast pass and rode himself off into a large patch of briar and nettle - on going back to see if he was all right his words were "my brakes don't work" - explains everything but if the path had been wider he would have been able to execute a pass safely without nearly taking me out.

could this be the start of a new LEGACY, a new DEVOLPEMENT, a new INTERNATIONAL CONSPIRACY!!!!
no, just a thing orth ampaigning about haha

PaulB

Legendary Member
Is it just me or is golf shoot?

Jaye totally agree - but you must play somewhere that they are all like whippets I have not managed 18 in less than four hours in years

actually my pet hate are the people that search and seach for a lost ball when it is obvious that it will never be seen again - I know it can make a difference to your score whether it is found or not - but it is just a ball

OP
OP
£

£Josh D

Jaye said:
Don't you just love those numptys who have 5 practice swings hit the ball 30 yds sideways stroll to the ball have 5 practice swings hit the ball 30 yds sideways......................;)

Or the ones who putt out then stand on the green working out how many shots they have taken (walk and count FFS)

I don't care if you're a scratch golfer or a hacker just get on with it a round of golf should not take more than 2 1/2 - 3 hours.

its an abomination, i must say the one thing which frustrate me the most, 2 people playing infront of you, they both hit onto the green walk over, th green is infront of the green ahead, they leave there bag at the bottom of th green, go to he flag put it on the other ide of the green towards the next tee, they then tke bout 4 hours to putt the ball in the hole, walk 20 yards towards tee to get the flag walk back and put in hole, then walk 30 yars back towards me to get there bags an then walk bout 80 yards to the next tee & complain when i hit a ball @ tem

potsy

Rambler
I used to play with a guy like that josh,marking his card whilst on the green,leaving his bag wrong side of next tee but his worst one was time spent looking for balls,he just wouldn't give up looking even if it was just a friendly game,we came to the conclusion he was more upset about the lost 50p ball than he was about the score:biggrin:
Amazingly if we caught up with the group in front he'd straight faced say 'aren't these lot slow'

snorri said:
You mean........you mean, crowds come to watch you play golf:?: :biggrin:

I am in awe.:wacko:

Yes it is part of a new Home Office pilot project - hand picked young offenders and confirmed recidivists - after watching me play the threat that they they would have to come back again if they reoffend is more than enough to set them on the straight and narrow :becool:

Top Bottom