Any good jokes ... ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
True (sad story).**
Many years ago.....1968.....on honeymoon in Scarborough. I persuaded a young MrsD to go on the 'big wheel' with me¹. As we got to the top I noticed it was attached by just one large bolt and my pleasure immediately turned to fear. I just could not wait to get off.... if I could have got them to stop it I would have done.
A week after we got home one of the bolts sheared and 3 young girls were killed.
**hope I have not ruined the joke :wacko:

True (sad story).**
Many years ago.....1968.....on honeymoon in Scarborough. I persuaded a young MrsD to go on the 'big wheel' with me¹. As we got to the top I noticed it was attached by just one large bolt and my pleasure immediately turned to fear. I just could not wait to get off.... if I could have got them to stop it I would have done.
A week after we got home one of the bolts sheared and 3 young girls were killed.

Me and another half were in that wheel once, when the operators got fully engaged in a fight with a group that had turned up spoiling for trouble. We were on it for absolutely ages, and had to cover up as best we could when it got to the lower half as we were in the cross fire from a bottle throwing battle.

Being a gent, I lent her my jacket for protection, after all, they were less likely to get me as I was pushing her forward as a shield.*

*That bit may or may not be a lie.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
True (sad story).**
I was on one of those whirly rides with my younger sister - I would've been maybe 10, her 5 - when the floor of our pod suddenly dropped/flew off. We hung onto the safety rail for dear life, our feet waving in the air. When we finally got down they bolted the floor back on and said we could have another go for free.:stop:

Not a joke, but funny nonetheless.

Top Bottom