Any good jokes ... ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
A well-known German composer walks into a video store and asks the guy behind the counter,
"Where can I find a copy of Terminator?"
"Aisle B, Bach."

I've just sold my 40mm Spanner..... I didn't want to..... It was a big wrench

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
As the goddess Debbie of Harry said -

The lines I have written that you read between
The lines on the pages
The lines on the screen
Of lines spoken - I say what I mean.
It's parallel lines that will never meet.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
It was an analogy.
Lines of longitude are parallel on the surface they describe. Similarly, true parallel lines can meet, depending on the curvature of spacetime.

Umm, the last bit is wrong. If they meet they ain't parallel - that's what being parallel means. With certain versions of curved spacetime parallel lines simply don't exisit. With others, you could have many lines through a point parallel to a given line. It's an axiom of Euclidean geometry that there exisits one and only one line through a point parallel to another line. Other axioms are available.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Umm, the last bit is wrong. If they meet they ain't parallel - that's what being parallel means. With certain versions of curved spacetime parallel lines simply don't exisit. With others, you could have many lines through a point parallel to a given line. It's an axiom of Euclidean geometry that there exisits one and only one line through a point parallel to another line. Other axioms are available.
That's got to be THE funniest joke on here? I'll need painkillers to put my ribs back to normal after that. Is it Milton Jones, that one?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That's got to be THE funniest joke on here? I'll need painkillers to put my ribs back to normal after that. Is it Milton Jones, that one?
It's the way he tells 'em.

_58667779_014067530-1.jpg

benb

Evidence based cyclist

But spacetime isn't euclidean, that's the point.
Anyway, enough off topic diversions.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Vanishing Point ?

Top Bottom