1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any good presents?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by SamNichols, 25 Dec 2007.

1. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Well, any? Show and tell.

I got a jumper, a couple of cds, a dd, the inevitable pants and socks, a pair of winter cycling gloves (just what I wanted), and a complete set of bike tools (unexpected and very emasculating... I have no idea what a cotterless crank tool is and have no idea when I'll need it). My mother and I got each other the same book (The best of Linda Smith if you want to know, so I am taking mine in for a swap: maybe some Vonnegut or something).

2. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

I got a Victoria Beckham DVD!

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

An excellent choice in plant pot stander may I say.

4. the best one was Mrs Spandex telling me that she loves me and giving me a kiss in her birthday suit:biggrin:

5. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

I see your Victoria Beckham DVD and raise you a leather desk penholder-tub-thing...

6. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Oooh oooh...a Nikon D40 Digi SLR ....:tongue:
    Plenty of cycing related bits as well ( copy of Cyclecraft was completely unexpected :biggrin:..has she been reading the 'was this cycist bad' post, over my shoulder :biggrin:)

7. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Foska Marmite Jersey, Prendas Arm Warmers & sportful gilet, Vlaanderen cycling socks, among other good stuff. Well pleased.

8. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I got given a winter cycling shirt :biggrin:

....in extra-large :biggrin:

Never mind, get rid of the bronchitis and back on the bike.

9. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Nice! :biggrin: How have you found it so far?

That or the D40x or the Canon eos 400d are still on my January sale list. Was hoping for additional discount in the Jan sales, but all the likely places seem to be maintaining their prices :tongue:. Still a manufaturer discount until Dec 31 on the eos... :biggrin:

10. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Excellent :biggrin: Picture quality from them is very nice - just watch out for the gotchas lens wise (no internal motor in the camera, so only AF-S (Nikon) and HSM (Sigma) lenses will autofocus with it.)

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

ipod classic :biggrin:

12. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

In the olden days, the cotter pin prevented the pedal cranks from rotating on the spindle, but you only needed a hammer and spanner to change a pedal crank. Now nearly all bicycles are "cotterless" and you need a special tool for the job, but you have one, so no excuses.:biggrin:

13. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Why thank you, when I next have to change my cotterless crank I now have the tool to do it with (and many other tools which I'm sure I'll work out how to use as I go along). It's like a workshop in a briefcase...

One of the CDs was Rodrigo y Gabriela, which is absolutely superb and I highly recommend to anyone who likes guitar music.

The book shall be changed on Thursday (and christmas money spent): all in all, a surprisingly stress-free day, all things considering.

14. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

TBH, i havnt done much more than play with it at the mo. My son has one, and he's had some reallly nice photos of our granddaughter with it...good enough to blow up, frame and put on the wall.

15. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

If you need to change the BB or obviously the crank, the tools a neccessity, but i found when i give the bike a REALLY good once over, you can get the cranks and chainrings REALLY clean by removing them to do it.
    Use carefully tho, get the thread crossed, and youve buggered them.