any good presents?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andygates

An old wartime bike lamp with the blackout shutter! :biggrin:

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

It seems that we've all had a bike themed christmas then, overall. Looking forward to wearing my winter gloves and not having my hands go numb!

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

NB: I hate novelty presents, so imagine my disdain when I opened a CD and it was a CD called: 'Red Hot Chilli Pipers'; bag pipe covers of such songs as Eye of the Tiger. It's ****ing awful and will now be residing where it belongs, in my dad's cd collection... I have had some great presents and I am very very grateful for all that I have, but sometimes you just wonder if your family knows you at all, and whether they just do things to wind you up.

will

My wife got me various cold weather cycling gear (some great fuzzy warm light pants), etc

But best of all the offer to provide car support for a couple of climbs whenever asked. Nice.

(a highlight of last year was being handed water bottles at Ventoux along the route - and a quick bum push to boot) - I married well.

Merry X-mas.

gbb

Legendary Member
SamNichols said:
NB: I hate novelty presents, so imagine my disdain when I opened a CD and it was a CD called: 'Red Hot Chilli Pipers'; bag pipe covers of such songs as Eye of the Tiger. It's ****ing awful and will now be residing where it belongs, in my dad's cd collection... I have had some great presents and I am very very grateful for all that I have, but sometimes you just wonder if your family knows you at all, and whether they just do things to wind you up.

Bloody ell, thats why my kids keep giving me cr@p cd's then...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
spandex said:
the best one was Mrs Spandex telling me that she loves me and giving me a kiss in her birthday suit:biggrin:

Yes I enjoyed that as well :biggrin:

Missus bought me the BBC Shakespeare collection. Sweet. I'm on Henry V at the moment. Gonna leave Hamlet and Lear until I have made myself sit through all the comedies!

The Car Design Yearbook volume 6. Result. Two pairs of Calvin Klien socks, two pairs of shreddies and a bottle of Laphroig. Happy me. Ms M was delighted with her pink Nokia 7373. Although she doesn't know how to use it she does feel that she now has the poshest phone in the staff room and thats the main thing. The Head should have the poshest phone after all. And I got it for free. Which was nice.

No one ever buys me cycling stuff for some reason.

col

Legendary Member
spandex said:
I got a windup Torch, windup phone charger and a windup radio maybe shes going to be kicking me out when mickle comes to stay?:wacko:

Thats why the new house has a big shead:ohmy:

Sounds like she's winding you up

Noodley

All the Noodley family, apart from me, got some "techy" thingies (iPod, computery stuff, etc) and have been making use of them all day. I was feeling slightly left out of the "make use of pressie" atmosphere until I decided to watch my new Dad's Army DVD wearing my new Gore full-face balaclava whilst eating a whole box of Malteesers. It was impossible to squeeze the Malteesers through the breath holes in the balaclava, but I managed to pop them in through the nose hole and let them drop onto my tongue - what a fun time :wacko:

col

Legendary Member
I got my DS,been trying the brain train game and who wants to be a millionaire,ill definitely be making a visit to the games shop tomorrow..Oh and a massive 1/350 model of the enterprise,the new one with archer in it.

mickle said:
The Car Design Yearbook volume 6. Result. Two pairs of Calvin Klien socks, two pairs of shreddies and a bottle of Laphroig. Happy me. Ms M was delighted with her pink Nokia 7373. Although she doesn't know how to use it she does feel that she now has the poshest phone in the staff room and thats the main thing. The Head should have the poshest phone after all. And I got it for free. Which was nice.

No one ever buys me cycling stuff for some reason.

The same reason no one buys me any You have it all!

Top Bottom