any good presents?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
mondobongo said:
................ Together with a nice Glenmorangie box of miniatures and some really really cool Jack Skellington cufflinks.
I had one of those one year, If I remember the one that was matured in the Port barrel was abso-feckin-lutely lovely. But I never managed to find a full size bottle of the stuff.

Noodley

mondobongo said:
...a nice Glenmorangie box of miniatures...

Grandad Noodley got one of them. Looked very good, and I don't even like whisky! :wacko:

mondobongo

Über Member
Glenmorangie do put out some nice gift sets at Xmas time, going to be very disciplined and save them for later in the year when I will not simply guzzle them but appreciate them. Also I have a bottle of Ledaig to sample as could not lay hands on a bottle of Ardbeg which is my favourite.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The only cycling related items I got this year were 3 x pairs of cycling socks from my sister in law. Semi related, all my other presents were clothes/money to buy new clothes because I've lost 2 stone since August all due to the bike......

Kids still busy with their toys, son still building his lego, following several interruptions for family visits.

Our in-laws bought us a HD flatscreen for the bedroom - very shocked - just got to mount it properly on the wall - so that was pretty cool and unexpected.

ChrisKH

Guru
Another one for The Flying Scotsman, some Jellies (my fav), a Next t-shirt (Self Preservation Society) and a big box of cholcolates from the staff at work (quality ones too). Got money mostly, which will be going towards a new bike computer. Now which one? Do they all mount on the stem these days? This is where I would like to put it.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

I changed my book over today, swapped 'The Best of Linda Smith' for 'Herzog' by Saul Bellow. The gentleman in waterstones looked a bit incredulous and said: 'They obviously underestimated you'. That was a nice moment. By the way, Waterstones in Watford is rubbish: it only had On the Road by Kerouac (I'm looking for the new 50th anniversary hardback edition, but will have to buy it online), yet had a whole row of books by Jordan. A whole row!

Noodley

simon l& and a half said:
a pair would have been sufficient.

I got the bible on timber frame detailing. Really, really interesting stuff. :laugh:

So, in the interest of clarity, did you get a bible on timber frame detailing i.e. a book on an easel, OR the bible on timber frame detailing i.e. the most definitive book on the subject of timber frame detailing? ;)

I'm not sure which would be most appealing.

Well bike wise I despatched the kids onto the LBS with print-out, diagrams and dosh.

They came out smiling and I opened my xmas present to find one of these which has now replaced the multitude of small spanners, a crank extractor and a set of Allen keys in my seatbag; strange, there's still no room in it!

I also have a £150 from the in-laws ( I worked hard for that, trust me) which will purchase my Carradice Prima Maxi saddlebag, a waterproof and a new pair of winter waterproof gloves.

Oh and a new dressing gown, very nice which will replace my 23 year old one, which can now be ceremoniously burnt.

Noodley said:
So, in the interest of clarity, did you get a bible on timber frame detailing i.e. a book on an easel, OR the bible on timber frame detailing i.e. the most definitive book on the subject of timber frame detailing? :smile:

I'm not sure which would be most appealing.

the latter. If you have any questions at all on stud sizes or the four grades of oriented strand board just send them my way!

Crackle said:
They came out smiling and I opened my xmas present to find one of these which has now replaced the multitude of small spanners, a crank extractor and a set of Allen keys in my seatbag; strange, there's still no room in it!
let us know how you get on with it. I find mine completely irritating - particularly when my fingers are cold

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mrs P got me some CDs. Art Tatum, John Kirby sextet, an Eddie Condon compilation. She dug a book on Charlie Parker outta the bookcase and got the names outta that. Pleased 'cos it's not stuff I woulda discovered anytime soon.

Not as heady as the stuff I've been listening to recently, which I expect suits mrs P pretty well.

Top Bottom