Any good stores that sell Reflective Jackets for a decent price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Jacket, body warmer or vest?
HiVis.jpeg

vickster

Legendary Member
OP is a young woman by the way so may not be looking for workman fashion in XXXL...not being genderist, just saying like

Julia9054

Guru
Try TK Maxx. They sometimes have cycling stuff mixed in with the other sportswear. I once managed to nab a Proviz jacket that lit me up like a Christmas tree. Someone had accidentally put it in with the men's stuff. It was really small and when I looked, it said size 10. It had obviously been ignored for a while as it was discounted to £15 and they retail in proper shops for nearer £100.

simongt

Guru
Mountain Warehouse are currently selling a fully reflective windproof & showerproof cycling jacket for £29.99. I have one and they're very effective at night. Being a dull silver colour, not so great during a dull day. but definitely a good buy for after dark. :thumbsup:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Don't worry about it. They don't work anyway. If you've got the regulation lights and reflectors, you're visible. It's not that they can't see you. It's the careless or incompetent ones that are the problem.

classic33

Leg End Member
OP is a young woman by the way so may not be looking for workman fashion in XXXL...not being genderist, just saying like
They also do female sizing, if that is an issue. Worked with three who, along with myself, were required to wear them.

And they do XS as well as S

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Required...not chose :smile:
We'd a choice over which though.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Be careful buying hi viz stuff from market stalls, some 'reflective' tape isn't great at reflecting light. There was a watchdog type program a few years ago testing some hi viz clothes from market stalls & many were not upto EU/UK standards :sad:

OP
OP
Randombiker9

Randombiker9

Don't worry about it. They don't work anyway. If you've got the regulation lights and reflectors, you're visible. It's not that they can't see you. It's the careless or incompetent ones that are the problem.
What do you mean they don't work?

at all others: Thanks

Top Bottom