Any industrial engineering fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
There are better Turret Rewinders on the market.

More gains can possibly be made with automation features...

I like watching vids of 5 axis machining centres doing their stuff.

Dashed clever, not that I have anything to do with them at work. I'd post vids of an industrial gas turbine running up, but since you can't see the spinny-roundy bits it would prove a less than rivvetting watch ^_^

This sort of thing I always like, never see it first-hand though.

Canrider

Guru
Spokesman: Hi! Does this ever happen to you?

[ mechanical equipment malfunctions ]

Engineer #1: Looks like the countersink flange went out on the CD-7 unit multiplier, knocking out hydraulic torque to the electric heat riser.

Engineer #2: Again?

Spokesman: Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Most countersink flanges will experience hydraulic torque leak throughout their less than 7,000 RQMs. Especially when coupled with the double-flux lumen switcher. But with Wilson Countersink Flanges and Dorry Flanges, hydraulic torque is allowed to bypass the settling clutch, providing steady wall pressure to the lug manifold and all the seismic rotors. And that goes for 7,000 RQMs, 8,000 RQMs, even up to 10,000 RQMS. That's right! 10,000!

Engineer #1: There, that does it! With that new Wilson Countersink Flange, this CD-7 should be able to handle vacuum-kickback on all 22 blossom valves!

Engineer #2: Now, if I could just get my kid to mow the lawn!

[ they laugh ]

musa

Über Member
I'm fascinated by engineering mixed with architecture.

I think (currently) I studied the wrong field of engineering - Chemical

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Not my employer (although I did flog some stuff used on the periphery of the project) but this time lapse video of big engineering does it for me. 1:22 when the new deck arrives. Blimey.

Awesome!

TVC

I like watching vids of 5 axis machining centres doing their stuff.

Dashed clever, not that I have anything to do with them at work. I'd post vids of an industrial gas turbine running up, but since you can't see the spinny-roundy bits it would prove a less than rivvetting watch ^_^

This sort of thing I always like, never see it first-hand though.

120kV short circuit testing is an everyday thing for me. Scary thing, when you go onto a live national grid site, you need to keep 5m from certain kit, or you feel a slight buzzing then die when the arc forms.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
This is quite a nice video of bicycle rim production. The video has an awful soundtrack, but is well worth watching with the sound off.

For those who are interested I think the manufacturing processes are, annealing of aluminium billets (softens the metal to make extrusion easier), extrusion through a die to get the rim profile, cutting extruded rim to length (circular saw), rolling the curve into the rim (note the black box censoring to hide some part of their process!), precision cutting the ends to be joined (another much finer circular saw), arc welding the ends of the rim together, machining the sidewalls of the rim (possibly with a wear indicator), laser etching the rim label

View: http://vimeo.com/20824379

Top Bottom