Any industrial engineering fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Oh no there aren't.......

Prove it!

TVC

Here is the corporate vid from my last company, there is a peppering of my work though out it, but the product that I got the patent for is at 3.55, and my interferometer is at 4.45.

Ningishzidda

By default I'm also very interested in our industrial heritage. I'm not one for heroes, but Isengard Kingdom Brunel is the closest I've got to having a hero.

My dad is a huge steam railway fan, and even all these years later a holiday doesn't feel like a proper holiday unless we go for a ride on a steam train.

He's the guy who designed the bridges in Rivendell, and was the overseer of the construction of Minas Tirith.

subaqua

What’s the point
Gah, I even Googles to check the great man's name!

Who did you work for when you built that machine? It's all PLCs and whatnot these days.
a small one man and his dog outfit. PLCs were very rare but available and programming them was expensive and complex

gbb

Legendary Member
Eeproms are still very much in use.
Ah, eproms, theyve caused such confusion at times, despite the fact they are in simple terms, one use pieces of programming, it will only do EXACTLY what its been told to do.
Working in Cyprus on our weighing equipment, controlled by a series of PCBs with eproms.
I arrived there to be told it wasnt working....went through all the usual checks, some functions were'nt even there !!! Put some boards in that i always carried, it now works, back to the original board....i see the eproms been changed, it turned out they'd got the Greek agents in to do some work, they'd fitted Greek language eproms, make it simpler for them...but impossible for me.
At the same time, it occured to me the eproms were'nt for that exact model of weigher, thats why they wouldnt give certain outputs. The Greek agents didnt have the in depth knowledge to know that.
So i ordered the correct ones via the UK agents, they arrived within two days, fitted...all outputs/functions now working.

BUT...over the next few days, i couldnt get the weigher output over 40 packs per minute, it should be 50.
I tried everything, different programs on the weigher, adjusted infeeds, this that and everything, i couldnt get it over 40PPM.

Left Cyprus my eproms, brought back the Greek ones, fitted them to our machines.....only 40 PPM ???
Phoned the UK agents to contact Spain, the manufacturers and ask if there was anything different about those eproms......Spain came back...'oh yes, they are 40 packs per minute maximum....if you want 50, no problem, we just didnt realise :thumbsup:...we'll send you some out.'

:banghead:

It can go so wrong, so easily...even with something that has one purpose only.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I still have some industrial fans in stock.:whistle:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLlH_nFN6xncW7CO7YbXZhEw_vsOSSDamp2awdzXrKZP6qkZhvIII_rw-a.jpg

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Great thread. I'd just like to say that even the most boring posts in it are nevertheless about a billion times more interesting than anything in "CC camera enthusiast corner" or "Driving in snow".

02GF74

Über Member
I don't get it - the first machin winds one roll of paper onto another roll - why? IK eman, just leave it on the first roll.

The secone one is meant to cut cones - look like small tubes to me but then I didn;t wath the full video.

Anyone posted the bicyle wheel bulding machine?

Top Bottom