Any industrial engineering fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I did some work on this beauty before it opened to the public, the last working steam driven mill in the uk. It's still earning money making prison uniforms I think.....
image.jpg

It's in Queen street mill, harle syke. They do tours, the whole mill is belt driven looms.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
If you like paper winding kit. I used to work for a very large photographic company (who are almost no more), we had automated winders and unwinders that would take a roll of paper or film base 55 inches wide* by something like 2km long* and run it through the coating and drying equipment at 100 meters per minute*, they were some big bits of kit..

We also had our own power station on site, and I got the chance to go up the tallest chimney:smile:

* estimates as it was a long time ago

Yup, we make machines that big, but they run at 600m/ minute :smile:

I never imagined I'd actually be able to discuss my job on CycleChat, what a marvellous bunch we are!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Got a lab at work full of stuff for soldering/ electronics assembly- several fully auto printers, 3d inspection, pick and place robot (I'll attach a video), reflow oven, dispensing machines, x-ray inspection plus miscellaneous stuff related to die attach and other semiconductor back-end processes. We've probably got a soldering iron stashed in a cupboard somewhere too, unless someone's thrown it out. We don't build electronics- all used for testing soldering consumables.

We don't have a Fuji chipshooter like in this vid, we have a more flexible, and slower, Mydata machine.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nah4BQ9y8IY

3D inspection sounds interesting, we've been working with inspection kit that measures holes cut into a moving web by a laser. Proper smart James Bond stuff!

Linford

Solidworks?

No, all in my head, and then a custom 2D package. We are moving to 3D modelling in the next few weeks so that is even more numbers floating around in there as the design has to be conceptualised before modelling it on the screen. It is all about balancing flows i the liquid and flexes in the former

Top Bottom