Any industrial engineering fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Whenever I try and talk to family or friends enthusiastically about the big machines we make at work I am met by the sort of face people put on when trying to be polite to street drunks while planning a swift escape.

I think the machines we build are cool, but outside of the industry I'm not terribly sure anyone gives a poopy bum, which is a challenge when trying to get mates to help me out increasing 'likes' and watch counts when I make videos of the machines (which is a part of my job).

The machine in the video I have just finished working on winds a paper(ish) material that rips very easily, and it winds it very fast indeed. If you have a passing interest in very clever machines (or like those 'how it's made' programs) you might enjoy this video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEEdhEdKYM

I got excited at the idea of someone else interested in our industrial engineering heritage, you've let me down :sad:

I like my machines big, heavy, breathing steam, petrol, diesel or aviation fuel designed by men with pencils and slide rules

[watches video before going searching for Fred Dibnah videos]

:smile:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I got excited at the idea of someone else interested in our industrial engineering heritage, you've let me down :sad:

I like my machines big, heavy, breathing steam, petrol, diesel or aviation fuel designed by men with pencils and slide rules

[watches video before going searching for Fred Dibnah videos]

:smile:

By default I'm also very interested in our industrial heritage. I'm not one for heroes, but Isengard Kingdom Brunel is the closest I've got to having a hero.

My dad is a huge steam railway fan, and even all these years later a holiday doesn't feel like a proper holiday unless we go for a ride on a steam train.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Here's the wicked woodsman bit...

I once had a girlfriend who could eat corn on the cob in much the same way.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Whenever I try and talk to family or friends enthusiastically about the big machines we make at work I am met by the sort of face people put on when trying to be polite to street drunks while planning a swift escape.

I think the machines we build are cool, but outside of the industry I'm not terribly sure anyone gives a poopy bum, which is a challenge when trying to get mates to help me out increasing 'likes' and watch counts when I make videos of the machines (which is a part of my job).

The machine in the video I have just finished working on winds a paper(ish) material that rips very easily, and it winds it very fast indeed. If you have a passing interest in very clever machines (or like those 'how it's made' programs) you might enjoy this video.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEEdhEdKYM

Missing nip guards? How does it meet the Machinery Directive?

Top Bottom