Any men riding women's bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am looking for a new bike. There are few WSD bikes with good discounts. I have read many things about WSD as a marketing ploy and what matters is the bike fit. Most of these discussions recommends women to not to confine themselves to WSD models.
I am an ordinary man with ordinary build.
My question is, are there any men who has the experience of riding WSD bikes?
I really do not mind riding pink bikes with flowers as long as it fits me well and I get a good bargain.

OP
OP
midliferider
So, women's bikes are pink with flowers? :wacko:
You know that is not what I meant. But the bikes I had seen has pink or purple bar tapes and has flower motifs on the frames.

I applaud your plans to subvert the market/marketeers midlife. If you go the whole hog there often seem to be particular bargains in women's cycle clothing.

petek

Über Member
I rode MrsP's 3-speed step-through for a couple of months earlier this year having sold my last bike and awaiting delivery of a new Pashley.
Her bike is pink-ish with a basket fore and aft. I prefer back basket only. It did the job of keeping me on a bike and got me there and back. Can't see any issues at all with step-throughs. I do prefer a 'man's' bike personally as that's all I've ever owned. Possibly an advantage in a man owning a step-through when it becomes difficult to get your leg over, but; hopefully that's a ways off yet for me.

OP
OP
midliferider
To be more specific with my question..
Two bikes I was looking at are Trek FX WSF and Specialized Dolce.
Both bikes are marketed as women specific as there is corresponding men's version. Trek FX and Specialized Alex?

Possibly an advantage in a man owning a step-through when it becomes difficult to get your leg over, but; hopefully that's a ways off yet for me.
well a brompton could kick in there.*

I think a lot of german city bikes are step thrus, for both sexes.

* and many many foldables - my Dahon Speed Pro is also a step thru.

Shorter higher reach generally for the same size frame equivalent, at least the ones I've lined up next to each other in Evans are. What makes you think you'll need those kind of dimensions?

Ian193

Über Member
My other half’s bike is woman specific I’ve tried to ride it the only thing different from mine is that the handlebars seem narrower than on my bike

Top Bottom