Any men riding women's bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Actually, you don't know what I know, but I know what you said. I'm sure @vickster will be right along to offer you links to women's bikes that don't feature pink or flowers.
Unfortunately they’re probably black :whistle:

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I am looking for a new bike. There are few WSD bikes with good discounts. I have read many things about WSD as a marketing ploy and what matters is the bike fit. Most of these discussions recommends women to not to confine themselves to WSD models.
I am an ordinary man with ordinary build.
My question is, are there any men who has the experience of riding WSD bikes?
I really do not mind riding pink bikes with flowers as long as it fits me well and I get a good bargain.
Women's bikes are built with geometry specific to women so long-term of a female specific bike may cause all sorts of problems with regards to comfort

women usually did I think.

Must say that even since childhood I always found the idea of women's bikes that went to great pains to avoid the horror of the high crosstube damn odd.

Whether as I child I ever questioned this I can't remember.

Spesh are supposed to be good for bikes that are supposedly better for female body geometry/reach or whatever. No idea if this is true. Did once buy one of their models (Vita?) for a woman in the hope of getting her into cycling but it never worked.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
If the bike fits it is for you, it doesn't matter how it is described.

Have to say, I would agree totally with the above.

A number of years ago, I joined a cycling group, as part of a rehabilitation programme, after a heart attack. There were several other men in the group who were recovering from hip or knee replacement surgery. Many of the hip/knee recovery group used "womens" bicycles because they found it easier to mount/dismount.

If it works for you, go for it!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Must say that even since childhood I always found the idea of women's bikes that went to great pains to avoid the horror of the high crosstube damn odd.

Whether as I child I ever questioned this I can't women usually did I think.
I always thought it was to make it easier to ride in a skirt.

johnnyb47

Guru
My dad has a step over bike. Its ideal for him because he's had a hip replacement and would find it difficult getting his leg over a bike with a cross bar. His operation did not go to well and is in constant pain.

A friend of mine rides a woman specific Cannondale synapse with DI2, it was nearly £500 cheaper than the mens version. The only difference I can see is the price tag and the bar width and for £500 you can pretty much have any bars you like!
Wilier do a womans version of the Izoard xp, the frame is exactly the same, but different colours, and it has a shorter stem and shallow bars.

Top Bottom