England : Kent any one fancy a shortish group ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I'm sure lots of people would be, but you need to say when and where before they'll make any commitment. Day of the week? Possible dates? Start and finish points? A circular route? Tea stops?
sorry yes circular route probably
weekends are best for myself at least
tea stops shall be plentiful but not too much! not confirmed yet as to where they will be
start/finish points no sure yet as i will see if most people interested are around a certain area it will be around there

i see you are on the south coast where abouts and would you be interested?
Cheers Ed

rb58

Enigma
@young Ed - you need to be more specific. I suggest you suggest a date, plan a route and give some indication of rolling average. Then people (including me) will know if it's something they're available for and interested in. There are plenty of CycleChatters who can give you advice on the route once you're drafted something,

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Get on a train from Ashford to Orpington for an early morning start and I will cycle to Ashford with you. It's a ride that myself and @rb58 have done many times. Or alternatively, meet us in Ashford and ride to Orpington and get a train back. Either way it's a 50 mile ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Get on a train from Ashford to Orpington for an early morning start and I will cycle to Ashford with you. It's a ride that myself and @rb58 have done many times. Or alternatively, meet us in Ashford and ride to Orpington and get a train back. Either way it's a 50 mile ride.
okay sorry people it's all a learning curve to becoming the god of group rides planning! :tongue:

orpington-ashford sounds good to me, do you have a route already considering you have done it several times? a .gpx route would be awesome if you have it, or shall i plot one?

say the weekend of the 15th and 16th of march if people are about then? but i am flexible the only dates i can't do is this satuday and next saturday

rolling average i would say 10-12mph is comfortable for that sort of distance but of course it is the pace of the slowest rider
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
okay sorry people it's all a learning curve to becoming the god of group rides planning! :tongue:

orpington-ashford sounds good to me, do you have a route already considering you have done it several times? a .gpx route would be awesome if you have it, or shall i plot one?

say the weekend of the 15th and 16th of march if people are about then? but i am flexible the only dates i can't do is this satuday and next saturday

rolling average i would say 10-12mph is comfortable for that sort of distance but of course it is the pace of the slowest rider
Cheers Ed

Here's a gpx of our normal orpington to Ashford route
It would have to be a Sunday for me as I look after my toddler on a saturday.
I checked trains for the 16th March, there is a bus replacement service, so that day is out

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Here's a gpx of our normal orpington to Ashford route
It would have to be a Sunday for me as I look after my toddler on a saturday.
I checked trains for the 16th March, there is a bus replacement service, so that day is out
can't see anything about replacement bus service on south eastern website for pluckley (my local station) to orpington or the other way round
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Important announcement

Disruption between Tonbridge and Hastings until further notice

Landslips between Robertsbridge and Battle, and at Stonegate, are causing disruption on the line between Tonbridge and Hastings.
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
it seems to be that it is at tonbrige you have to end your train jounrney and take the bus service but i am happy to take the train to tonbridge from my end and then ride the 17 odd miles to orpington
so i can get to orpington, can others to either get to orpington in the morning or once we have finished?
or have you got kind other halves that can pick you up from where ever?!
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
it seems to be that it is at tonbrige you have to end your train jounrney and take the bus service but i am happy to take the train to tonbridge from my end and then ride the 17 odd miles to orpington
so i can get to orpington, can others to either get to orpington in the morning or once we have finished?
or have you got kind other halves that can pick you up from where ever?!
Cheers Ed

You do realise that to get to Orpington from Tonbridge, you need to climb the ridge on the B245. It's a very long, hard climb and after that there is the climb up to PollHill.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
indeed tonbrige it can be then! :biggrin:
kettles on at my house and we got a station 1 mile from mine so jobs a goodun ;)
is the 16th good for you @rb58 and @ianrauk and anyone else that wants to come?
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
indeed tonbrige it can be then! :biggrin:
kettles on at my house and we got a station 1 mile from mine so jobs a goodun ;)
is the 16th good for you @rb58 and @ianrauk and anyone else that wants to come?
Cheers Ed

We won't need a station - we would cycle back.
Can you get to Tonbridge for 8.30am? means you getting an 8.00am train from Pluckley.

Top Bottom