Any one had any experience of Tannus Polymer Tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Has any one had any experience of using Tanner tyres?

I saw them yesterday and they are a solid polymer tyre - no inner tube no pump needed. For commuting in particular I thought they would be a good idea as you can ride over glass or screws or whatever without getting a puncture. The guy in the LBS said they last at least 2 years and cost about £50 each.

I have been wondering how they feel on the bike. Anybody know?

jack smith

Veteran
They feel horrid and are slippery apparently

There are other threads about solid tyres, the views seem very mixed but my LBS is very much against them. I will wait a bit longer and see if any one does a long trial on them or if a special offer comes up I may be tempted.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
They do sound like an improvement on earlier solid tyres, but even so, I personally would rather live with the occasional p***. Partly for the ride, but partly too due to a prejudice still hanging over from when I bought a really sweet old-school steel racer off ebay, only to find it came with solid tyres fitted. I replaced them after one horrible tryout ride, but even so, a year or so later one of the rear dropouts snapped, and that was that. I've never had any doubt that the pounding the frame had taken through the rigid tyres was mainly to blame.

OP
OP
Dave the Smeghead

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Thank you for pointing me in right direction everyone.

Dusty11

Has any one had any experience of using Tanner tyres?

I saw them yesterday and they are a solid polymer tyre - no inner tube no pump needed. For commuting in particular I thought they would be a good idea as you can ride over glass or screws or whatever without getting a puncture. The guy in the LBS said they last at least 2 years and cost about £50 each.

I have been wondering how they feel on the bike. Anybody know?
I have just had a set of 28's fitted to my Specialized for use on a 15-20 mile commute. Only had one 2 hr ride so far but I found them ok, rolled well, handled ok etc. I am no expert so I might not be the best judge but for training/commuting they will do fine. Having had 2 punctures on separate days recently I quite enjoyed not dodging all the broken glass and road debris. Hope this helps.

brand

Used them once. Very noisy, felt dangerous on corners. Supposedly it is caused by the different feel to the tyres and not actually dangerous. It was claimed you would get used to them? Problem is you won't, unless you only use them. I would definitely use them for trailer tyres but nothing else.
I have no idea what brand they were but I used them about 12 years ago so they may have improved them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom