Any other fat people on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan_h

Since I started the Cambridge Diet on Monday I've gone from 104kg to 100kg :wahhey: . It's supposed to be this fast as I'm on the strict 500 calories a day Sole Source. Got weighed today as we always set aside Thursday morning for our weekly weigh in and the GF gets weighed at work on Thurs too.

Really? 500 calories a day and still cycling? Are you sure that is the way forward? Sounds like a recipe for hitting the wall to me :wacko:

potsy

Rambler
Really? 500 calories a day and still cycling? Are you sure that is the way forward? Sounds like a recipe for hitting the wall to me :wacko:
No exercise he said didn't he?
Sounds a bit extreme to me, 500cals would just about cover my breakfast :hungry:

Dan_h

No exercise he said didn't he?
Sounds a bit extreme to me, 500cals would just about cover my breakfast :hungry:

Ah yes, sorry, that was in a post a couple of pages back so I did not notice it. Is that because of injury then? If it is then fair enough (although I am not sure that 500 cals a day is a great idea anyway). If you have given up exercise in order to be able to eat 500 cals a day then I have to say I am even more sceptical about the merits of that as a plan.

Camrider

IMO Cambridge, Atkins and all those other fad diets are a waste of space, yes they can lead to people losing weight but few manage to maintain the loss, and some are downright dangerous.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
On 500 calories a day, if you try to exercise your body might just start to eat its own heart muscle for sustenance - which is never a good idea :whistle: (This is not a joke.)
True dat.

I was a bit erm... ill a few tears ago and imposed a 300 calorie / <10g fat a day diet on myself and not only did I get a hairy face, but my periods stopped and I slept for 16 hours a day.... not good.

Take care of yourself.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Yeah 500 cals is ultra low. We should only be on this level for another week then up it 640 then work up through these steps. No cycling or Cardiovascular exercise for a few more weeks yet :cry:. We hopefully will get a stone off in a month.
The shakes and soup we have include all the nutrients and vitamins we need and so far we feel hungry but not ravenous. There must be something in them to fill us up.
I'll let folks know how we're doing.

Lardy arse here's put 56 pounds on in the last 18 months which is pretty shite BUT is a symptom of my depression sooooo seeing as I'm feeling much better I'm going to a slimming club next week and am pumping up those tyres (no not rode my bike either in the last 18 months - oh hang on I did have a brief cycle of about 3 miles whereupon I got home threw it in the house and sulked for days....) Things are on the up :cycle: I'll keep you all posted (if you're interested)

welshwheels

im intrested :cheers: i suffer from serious lack of mojo at times !!! although i do not compare this in anyway to depression I am quite fortunate in not having the black dog in my life ! but he was stalking my partner for about 3 years on and off

***the black dog was / is our code to each other when my partner is having a particularly bad time !!

welshwheels I know the term black dog (we use it which confuses everyone as our dog is tricolour) well as soon as the flaming rain/wind ceases I shall have a jaunt (for those not aware I was knocked off my bike over 2 years ago which I think has contributed to my not wanting to get up and away) it's just getting the feet in the pedals and pushing off

Sara_H

Guru
im intrested :cheers: i suffer from serious lack of mojo at times !!! although i do not compare this in anyway to depression I am quite fortunate in not having the black dog in my life ! but he was stalking my partner for about 3 years on and off

***the black dog was / is our code to each other when my partner is having a particularly bad time !!
I'm interested too, suffered on and off with depression since I was 13. I feel much better when I'm cycling lots, but sometimes mustering up the exnergy to get going is too hard.

Top Bottom