Any other musician cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
Another drummist here, been banging away since about 1994.
Tried my hand at bass, and I still have 4 of them, but could not really get the hang of it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I'm just back from a VERY long day in a very nice studio. Recording live in a seven piece band with thirty minute songs is heartbreaking when someone stuffs up after 28 minutes and you have to start again.

tuja4u6a.jpg

pally83

Über Member
Interestingly I was talking to a guy at work who is pretty handy musically and he advised that I should really make the effort to find some people to play with, people focus too much on being the lead guitar and thrashing out face melting solos and if they can't do that they think they aren't very good (my case I think!) when you can make just as good a contribution if you can hold a steady rhythm and know a few chords.

This is very true. Rhythm guitar is an often overlooked skill - even in some great lead players (Santana...). Quite satisfying when you nail a tricky funk.

I find simple chords & catchy tunes tend to go down better than, say, a Steve Vai medley at parties when I'm forced to get up and do a bit.

donnydave

Über Member
This is very true. Rhythm guitar is an often overlooked skill - even in some great lead players (Santana...). Quite satisfying when you nail a tricky funk.

I find simple chords & catchy tunes tend to go down better than, say, a Steve Vai medley at parties when I'm forced to get up and do a bit.

Vai and especially Malmsteen just don't do it for me any more. Widdling away repetitive arpeggios sounds a bit boring after a while

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
"someone"?! :whistle:

A couple of times it 'might' have been me.... We all use unwieldy valve amps and for the first two minutes of one track there's just piano and quiet scratchy violin, if there's any other noise it bleeds horrifically through all the room mics and drum mics. I wasn't using my pedal board so didn't have my volume pedal to keep my amp in check. Tricky.

Boo

Über Member
Another drummer here!
Been in and out of bands for about 25 years now - all covers outfits with the exception of my very first band, formed with a bunch of friends.
We thought that what 1990 needed was an updated version of Genesis.
We were wrong.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I have a collection :eek:

04012009437.jpg

My main instrument is the double bass , next to it is a semi acoustic from a company local to York . Then a Framus semi acoustic bass and a hand made acoustic by me .
At the back is a Gibson Epiphone and then my £15 favourite guitar a Brunswick .

Top Bottom