Any other Tacx Neo owners on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Same here.

Had it a week and have been riding a couple of hours a day.

I might never ride outdoors again ^_^ well maybe not for a few months.

Everything seems so realistic; even the average speed taking in to account elevation.

Venod

Eh up
I have one, did a local course on it the Strava times are very close to my real rides, Holme Moss was slower on the Turbo than real life, if you use Zwift you can feel the cobbles and the wooden bridges, its a fine piece of kit, I no longer dread a turbo session.

ravenrider

Still the best out there although the competition is getting a lot closer, the only chink in its armour is reliability (i had one fail), when they are good they are really good.
For me the main selling points were accuracy, no ongoing calibration and silence....after that you have the downhill motor (although sometimes it can be a pain) vibration.....and it looks so dam cool!

uclown2002

Guru
Still the best out there although the competition is getting a lot closer, the only chink in its armour is reliability (i had one fail), when they are good they are really good.
For me the main selling points were accuracy, no ongoing calibration and silence....after that you have the downhill motor (although sometimes it can be a pain) vibration.....and it looks so dam cool!
Well my Neo has just failed after 2 weeks!
It shut down (no resistance) with a flashing power light; apparently an overheating issue that was more common in earlier models.
Halfords are out of stock so I'll be getting a refund; already ordered a replacement from CRC.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Mine arrives tomorrow^_^ I just have to watch a few videos of how to put a cassette on and avoid screwing up. Not everyone seems to use a chain wip. I don't have one. What did you guys do?

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
What did you guys do?

I use a chain whip, but you only need it to remove a cassette, not to fit one. Does the Neo come with a cassette you need to replace or do you just need to fit a suitable one?

Are you fitting a Shimano cassette? Have you got a lock ring and preferably a torque wrench?

It will be very interesting to see how you get on with the Neo, and how it compares to the Bkool and the KICKR. Looks like a fantastic piece of kit!

Geoff

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
No chain whip required when installing, and no spacer if fitting an 11sp cassette. Also, make sure you fit the correct lock ring that is included with the trainer!
Also, the very first thing to do is a software update via the Tacx app.
Then you are good to go......enjoy! !

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Plus, if you are on Facebook, join the Neo owners FB page and then add a photo of your Neo set up using #NEOPaincave and then FB message Tacx direct and you will receive their TTS4 software and licence code, plus a licence code to use Google street view all FOC, normally £150!

But be quick as the offer originally closed on Saturday but they have since extended it.

While the TTS4 software is certainly worth having as it gives you more options to train with, and in theory riding using Google street with an imported .gpx file of a previously ridden route is great concept sadly its execution is pretty rubbish to be honest. But I'm sure in the fullness of time it will get better.....hopefully?

uclown2002

Guru
Took delivery of replacement Neo and I suspect this is a dud too.

Zwift does not see the Neo through ant+ and it picks up my garmin HR monitor fine. Ant+ dongle on extention right next to turbo.

I notice the ant+ light on neo is not green like my previous one.

Can you guys tell me if your light turns green when you plug power cord in or otherwise pedal?

Interested if light is still green if you remove ant+ dongle.

I'm reinstalling zwift but does not look good.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob. To put on a cassette cheap chain wrench, cass socket and ideally torque wrench. From memory it's 40Nm.

Ta Andy (and others) but i am going to play safe and get a lock out cassette lock ring remover. They show it being used on the tacx neo set up video and looks straightforward once i have it.
The neo is a gorgeous piece of equipment and i don't want to mark or scratch it!

Top Bottom